• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Sales Manager

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin Sales Manager

Post by Denis »

The other night I met the National Sales Manager for Albin boats at our marina. He was there visiting a friend and he saw my boat and came over to introduce himself. He was very interested when I told him about this web site. He gave me his card and would like me to e-mail him the address. He is fairly new on the job but he seems energetic and very interested in building a relationship with present Albin owners in order to improve the customer service, get feedback for repairs or improvements and to set up meetings or even a rendezvous.
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin Sales Manager

Post by johnmurray »

Could you provide his name and contact details?
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

What a novel idea.......I'd welcome him with open arms....
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I e-mailed him and gave him the address for this albin site.
His name is:
Andrew Page
apage@albinmarine.com
He seemed very interested in logging on and getting involved.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

If Andrew joins us here, welcome. Anything he does will be an improvement on aftersales attention which has been severly lacking.

I have been an Albin owner for 20 years. The first was a 27AC, bought new in 1986.

I have attended the Annapolis show many times. The only Albin rep who ever showed any interest in me as an Albin customer was Terry Compton, who designed many of our boats.

I used my 27 commercially as a tourboat for 6 years. Imagine that. People, some of them potential Albin customers, actually paying to get on their product. Free advertising. Could I get prompt service from Albin for boat, not engine or non Albin, parts when I needed them after lightning damage? No Way! It took months to get teak trim parts for a boat that was still in production.

Sorry for the rant. The lack of after sale customer care seems common with many boat builders. They need to attend an RV show or lurk on some RV forums to see a world of difference in attitude shown to customers shown by many RV builders, especially the higher end builders. I'd like to consider Albin better than average.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I understand that there are some problems with customer service, I have had my own problems but I hope this doesn't turn into a bitch problem for him if he decides to join us.
There are much better ways to get what you need.
DBM

Post by DBM »

Having a manufacturer's rep on the site can prove very helpful and informative. On the Shamrocks boat owners site Fishtheclassic.net, Bo Palmer the new owner of shamrock is on frequently asking owners opinions on new disigns and giving feedback to owners. He unvieled a new model on the site before anyone else saw it, took comments and made changes based on those comments before it went into production.

David
Liberty
apage

re: Manufacturers Rep

Post by apage »

Hi Everyone:

Thanks to Denis I am here. I am proud to represent the company and even more so that you all have set up this site and use it as a fun place to talk about your Albin experiences (all good I hope) and as a resource to troubleshoot.

My interaction will really be based on what I find out from you guys. If, as Denis said, this turns into a forum of digruntled boat owners, you can imagine that I am not going to spend a whole lot of time here.

My primary goal at Albin is to sell boats and set up dealerships with the best possible people. That will translate into a better purchasing, customer service and boating experience for everyone.

Having said that, if there are issues that you simply cannot get resolved from your dealer, I will look into it with no guarantees.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the brand. It is only with end users that a brand can thrive. I intend to lean on each and every one of you to promote the brand. In return, I will act as a sounding board for the company so that we can hear from you how to make the product better.

I will be looking for all of you on the water, at the dock, at anchor in various ports of call and so forth. Don't be alarmed if a goofy-looking kid comes up to you and starts asking you questions about your boat, it's just me.

Cheers,

Andrew @ Albin
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

WELCOME ANDREW!

I sent you a personal note. I would be prepared for the above mentioned bitch-fest for a few days. Months or years of frustration will be unleashed on you! You are the first that has come forward and had the nerve to join the board. <smile> You sir, are a trend-setter, that will hopefully turn the tide and raise Albin's customer service approval rating.

I ask the members here to start gently. We don't want to scare Andrew away.

As mentioned before it is my goal to have a forum that is moderated by a few folks at Albin. Hopefully this is the beginning.

Thanks again for joining!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Andrew,

We are absololutely delighted to have you here. While most of us feel that the after-purchase support form Albin Marine has been lacking in the past, we are quite willing to open our arms to you. I promise that the members here won't go overboard on you with their frustrations, if they have any. If they do, I will take care of it.

However, for the most part, everyone here seems to love their boats, so I wouldn't worry about it. You guys build great boats, with thoughtful and funcitonal designs. That has never been a complaint.

I'm looking forward to whatever input you may have for us owners, as well as providing a sort of "feedback loop" where you can draw off us to improve your product in the future.

Thank you for joining us!
DBM

Post by DBM »

While I'm not an Albin owner yet, I may be in the near future (albin's on the short list). I'm sure you'll get you fair share of abuse, but I'd like to start of the abuse citeing something you yourself said.

Exactly how goofy looking are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding and I hope you can be an added benefit to this board.

Tight Lines and Fair Seas
DBM
Liberty
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Welcome Andrew! I have nothing to bitch about. I'm just happy your around.

Cheers!

E.A.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Andrew,
Let me add my welcome. I also looked for over a year and at many boat shows and for me it was Albin hands down. I love my boat and you will see that most here do feel the same way, if not all of us. My dealer was CYS, who was voted the best Albin Dealer in the world in 2005....and I can vouch for them...they are top drawer in every aspect. However, occassionally I wanted to contact the builder, and since there is a name and e mail posted on your website, I would have thought I would get some kind of anwser....and that's my only complaint. I'd just like to get an acknowledgement when I write in. Heck, Albin could hire a summer intern to answer E mails....90% of customer service is communications, a fact that I know, because I'm Chief of Guest Services for one of the most popular NASCAR Race Tracks in the United States....and I answer EVERY e-mail that is a guest services issue.
Again welcome and we appreciate you being here.

R.C. Dawson
aka ChiefRCD
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

Another welcome Andrew.

I don't think the group wants to load up on anyone, just have someone from Albin that seems to care. In turn, we seem to be great representatives of our boats and "sell them" to others whenever we can.

Good luck in your new position. We'd all love to see the dealer network grow.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus

Return to “General Discussion”