• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bopalmer
Deckhand
Deckhand

Introduction

Post by bopalmer »

I saw that the news was posted here a little while back. But I thought that i would atleast chime in and introduce myself. I am Bo Palmer the owner of Shamrock Boats and also Defiance Boats. We recently put together a signed Purchase and Sale Agreement with Albin Marine Inc. to acquire the molds and assets. I hope to close within the next 30-45 days but a maximum of 120 days per our agreement. We will be manufacturing the boats at our new state of the art Plant in North Carolina. We will manufacture the Albin Boats alongside our Shamrock Boats and hope to continue the tradition of building fine sportfishing and cruising boats that made Albin famous. We are quite busy trying to tie up the loose ends and get ready to start shipping molds and equipment. I have had a great time conversing with the members of the Shamrock Owners Site and hope to do the same here.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Welcome to the group Bo. I'm sure you will find this group very helpful in your new adventure.

I wish you the best of luck in your revival of the Albin boat line.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by RicM »

Bo:

Welcome and the best of luck with the new venture. There are a lot of good things in the Albin TE design, and a few bad things. Hopefully you can combine the best of the Albin with what you have obviously done well in the past.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the group. There has been quite a bit of discussion around here about the fate of Albin and what will happen in the future. Being associated with the Shamrock and Defiance line of boats is a good thing and I, for one, am excited. You will find a very friendly group here that is loyal to the brand.

PM me your address. We will send you a little welcome package.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Bo ...
I also share and extend a warm welcome to the AOG Forum. Loooking forward to the new life blood to the ALBIN Line. 8) I am sure some of the ALBIN Dealers will be more than thrilled to have your reputable firm at the helm.

After the recent Boston Rendezvous, I was wondering how in the future I would get my hands on a 31 TE ...... now I think I know. Welcome Aboard and good luck with the transaction and start up.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Hi Bo,

Good luck, and let me also say Thank You!
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Bo,
Thanks so much for making the initial contact.
You've surrounded yourself with proven quality boats.

We all wish you the very best in your endeavors. These are trying times for your industry.

Winners are always winners....I think you've got yourself a winning lineup.

There is a huge volume of great information on this site. Tap in, stay in contact.
Thanks for keeping things "alive".
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Welcome to this forum Bo!
I hope this forum will provide some insight to what has made Albins so popular in the past and present. I believe everyone here wants you to be successful with the Albin molds and designs you have acquired.

Thanks for chiming in to let us know that you are around and about. Looking forward to seeing how things "translate" from Albin to Shamrock.

Sincerely

Gery Garcia
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome!

Post by Capt Paul »

A hearty welcome to you Bo,

Thanks for keeping the Albin line of boats alive for future generations to enjoy!

Paul Zahra
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

And Thank You for keeping us Albineers in the loop. Feel free to use us as a "suggestion box" whenever the need arises....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Bo,

Welcome to the discussion. We are very pleased to hear that this transaction is happening. Do you think you will market the Albin models under the Albin name, or under the Shamrock name? Do you plan to make significant mechanical changes, or pretty much just pick up where Albin left off?
bopalmer
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by bopalmer »

We haven't really made all of our long term branding decisions. We will start out by branding the boats as Shamrock and Albin separately. Long term, we may change that approach. Eventually it probably won't make sense to double the advertising dollars to brand both brands. They are so compimentary in nature that I think at some point we will have to make some hard decisions. What that means? I just don't know right now. And we may just continue with separate brands long term. We will make those decision in the next couple of years. Certainly no decision that we have to make right now. We will not make any major changes immediately with the Albin Boats. Over time we will certainly try to update some systems and construction materials, but we will build essentially the same boat for at least a year. I am grateful for the welcome that I have received here. I will tell you that my team and I are excited about this new acquisition, and are very glad to have the Albin line in our Family of Boats.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Bo, nice to see you touch base with the folks here on AOG. Out here on The Rock (Bermuda), we have a few Albins as well as a few Shamrocks. My Albin life started with an A27aft cabin bought new in 1986 & kept for 13 years. There is still quite a strong following of those boats though I believe the molds have long been destroyed. A shame, they are dirt cheap boats to operate, especially attractive with the higher fuel prices. I am currently a 9 year owner of a 32+2, also a unique boat in a sea of look-alikes.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Bo,

I think you've already impressed us in your decision to join and comment here. It's such a welcome shift from what we experienced with Albin Marine in the past. I'm sure you're a busy man, so we're quite pleased that you've taken time out of your day to address us. We'll understand if you don't post here often (or ever), but of course welcome you with open arms when you do.

Congratulations on your acquisition. I agree that the Albin line complements Shamrock's line very well.

I think most of us here wouldn't be opposed to seeing the boats branded under a different name, so long as someone keeps making them. Perhaps "Albin" will become a model name or something, with all the boats branded under the Shamrock name.

I definitely like the idea of ugrading the systems and materials. Anything that improves the brand promise of the new boats coming off the production line certainly would help the resale value for owners of used boats. At least as compared to "oh, yeah, they don't make those anymore".
yesway

Re: Introduction

Post by yesway »

Hi Bo, Rod here, I am the owner of a 2005 Albin 28TE which I purchased new. I just became a member of the Albin Owners Group. I read your post about you purchasing Albin Marine. Can you tell me if your purchase went through?
Thanks,
Rod

Return to “New Member Introductions”