• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member and new Albin 28 TE owner!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pcthornton
Gold Member
Gold Member

New member and new Albin 28 TE owner!

Post by pcthornton »

My wife and I just took delivery on 6/27/08 of a 2002 Albin 28 TE (I'll have to get back to you with the hull number), and we couldn't be happier! We traded in a 26' Seaswirl walkaround that we enjoyed for 6 seasons. What a difference in the Albin, however. The space we now have for us and our two small children and (small) dog is incredible compared to our last boat. I've fallen in love with the Albin's classic lines and she's the biggest 28 footer I've ever seen! The single Yanmar (210 hrs) will be more economical than the big Yamaha outboard that we had and it will also be cheaper to maintain. The dealer we purchased the boat from installed a teak and holly sole in the cabin and an aft fold down seat. She has the forest green hull and mexican sand topsides. We're headed to Block Island for the Independence Day weekend. Wish us luck on our "shake down" cruise. I'm extatic that we discovered Albin.
ColinT
"Patriot"
2002 28TE
Barrington, RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the group and to Albin! Good wishes on your cruise to Block Island.
Post some pics of the teak and holly sole.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by RicM »

We went from a ProLine 251 25' walk two years ago and I am still in heaven. About every other time we go out I turn to my wife and say "I Love This Boat". That's after 1.5 seasons and 280 engine hours. We may end up in Block Island this weekend, where are you staying?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: New member and new Albin 28 TE owner!

Post by Pitou »

pcthornton wrote:My wife and I just took delivery on 6/27/08 of a 2002 Albin 28 TE (I'll have to get back to you with the hull number), and we couldn't be happier! I've fallen in love with the Albin's classic lines and she's the biggest 28 footer I've ever seen!
Welcome aboard and we all couldn't agree more!!! Enjoy that new boat :D !
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Welcome to the group.
Keep an eye out for Albins on the bay. There are a lot of us !!

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I’m gonna take a guess that you bought this green hull 2002 from Kenny at Standish Boats.

Sorry about the upside down pics but that’s the way it was scanned and emailed to me by them. Very nice boat.

Great to see another one with small children as I have. My girls love the aft bunk. They tell everyone they have their own “downstairs bedroom.” I can’t stress enough how safe I feel having my family on this boat. I don’t have to continuously say “Hold on girls!” Here's a couple of shots from this weekend’s overnighter. Plenty of room in that “downstairs bedroom”

Enjoy it - We know you will.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
pcthornton
Gold Member
Gold Member

You're correct, RobS

Post by pcthornton »

That's the boat, all right, except now she's even prettier inside with the teak and holly. I know my kids will enjoy the quarter berth, too. Cute pics of your girls that I'll pass on to my kids. Thanks.
ColinT
"Patriot"
2002 28TE
Barrington, RI
pcthornton
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks

Post by pcthornton »

Thank you all for the gracious welcome messages! Here's hoping you are all on your Albins over the 4th weekend.
ColinT
"Patriot"
2002 28TE
Barrington, RI

Return to “New Member Introductions”