• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cruising the river - trawler style

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Cruising the river - trawler style

Post by jcollins »

It was warm and sunny this afternoon. Perfect time to get out for a cruise to nowhere. Breeze was 10-15. Came out of Sue Creek past the Baltimore Yacht Club into Middle River. For those that are not familiar with this area it is normally heavily congested. Sailboats, cruisers, go-fasts, just about any size you can imagine. But today is Friday and the season is just starting. So it wasn't bad. We decided to cruise trawler style. I ran 8-10 knots most of the time. Checking out the homes, restaurants, and other boats. This is an area where the speed limit is 35. We ran out to Hart-Miller Island and rafted up with another boater for an hour or so. Very relaxing. It's a whole different perspective running that slow. I did notice that others were cruising slow as well. It could be a sign of rising fuel costs or guys like me just taking it easy. Whatever your reason it's good to slow down once in awhile.
New canvas looks great. New combing pads too. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Tomorrow I'll leave the marina and bring Afterglow to her summer home at the shore shack.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Our first boat was a 21' cuddy cabin with a 200hp hanging on the back. We would ask ourselves "Can we afford to go someplace?". Our second boat was an Albin 27 with a 100hp Westerbeke. We would look at our watches & ask ourselves "Do we have time to get someplace?".

There is nothing wrong with going slow. You won't spill your drink that you can have as you go wherever or no place at all.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Veebyes2 wrote:Our first boat was a 21' cuddy cabin with a 200hp hanging on the back. We would ask ourselves "Can we afford to go someplace?". Our second boat was an Albin 27 with a 100hp Westerbeke. We would look at our watches & ask ourselves "Do we have time to get someplace?".

There is nothing wrong with going slow. You won't spill your drink that you can have as you go wherever or no place at all.
Veebyes,
Quite right! By the way, welcome home. Sorry we didn't get together. Post some information about your trip. Cruising is cruising...
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I grew up sailing. Slow was the order of the day. It's the ability to go fast that is still foreign to me. Just having the ability to go somehwere in an hour instead of four makes me want to do it.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi guys

Resolution will be home probably this weekend :D
This year, we will be going trawler speed for the most part.
With the cost of fuel going through the roof, it's not such
a bad way to go!
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.

Return to “General Discussion”