• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

How to keep the rain out

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

How to keep the rain out

Post by Veebyes2 »

Here's a cheap & nasty way of keeping the rain out while still letting the breeze in at night.

I hate generators, or, more specifically, I hate the noise that gennys make. I have a 6kw genny onboard but after almost 7 years & about 210 nights onboard, all of them on the hook, my genny has less than 400 hrs use.

There is nothing nicer than a cool breeze coming down the hatch & being able to hear night noises around us.

This is great till a night shower comes by & sends Niagara Falls down the hatch.

This hatch cover can be made to work on just about any powerboat. It is nothing more than a piece of canvas tied to the handrails.

1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
pbirman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by pbirman »

How, exactly, did you post that picture? The best I've been able to do is to post a link to another site where the photo resides. What is your secret!

Paul
Albin 33+3 Express Trawler
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

All of my pics are hosted on Photobucket.com. Computers & me don't get along very well but this site has made it simple for even a dummy like me to post pics.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Paul, also make sure you are hitting the Img button at the end of the command string.... like IMG then you put in the http:// www.xxxxx then hit the Img button again....the entire line has to be enclosed with the Img command. Hope that make sense.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Basically, you enclose the link in the IMG tags. Like this:

[IMG]www.yourlink.com/yourpicture.jpg[/IMG]

This works nicely with Photobucket and they even have the little links pre-made for you below the picture. Look for the box with the IMG tags in it.
pbirman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by pbirman »

Let's see if this works ...

I think it does... Thanks, guys. That is my Albin 33+3 Express trawler at sea off Palm Beach. We love the boat. Sorry Albin elected to discontinue it.

Paul
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Pretty boat, when did they make that and when did they stop?
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Nice Pic & Boat

Post by JackK »

Nice picture. I just love the look of the canted windows.
Really sharp.

Jack
pbirman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by pbirman »

It is a 2000 boat. I think they started in 1998 and stopped in 2003 or 2004. Presumably the Albin Sales Manager could confirm the date nad how many hulls were built.

We've been boating since 1964 and have owned a number of power and sail boats. The wide side decks, large bridge, twin Yanmar diesel power attracted us to this boat.

Paul
Last edited by pbirman on Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Albin introduced the the Express Trawler in 1999 made it up through 2004. They only made a few each year, and each one was slightly different due to the fact that they were refining the design.

There is a section on the forum dedicated to this model where you can find a great deal of information and more will surely appear over time.

Return to “General Discussion”