• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - with questions...

Albin's "power cruisers"
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Don from Mystic »

Chaz, should you proceed with the repower I'd be interested in the 4d61 for spares. Sounds like her tounge was really hanging out with that choice of wheel. Live and learn. Been down that road.
tranmkp
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Houston, Texas

12 knts

Post by tranmkp »

11.5 - 12knts feel like this

www.artshot.net/ghostship.wmv
Chaz

Rebuild?

Post by Chaz »

Been a while since I've visited the site, thanks to all for the varioius feedback responses. Been enjoying our AC27 in Oyster Bay quite a bit this summer, and believe I met a fellow Albiner who's been reading this Blog. As an FYI, I keep Olie Ale on a mooring in Mill Neck Bay, just West of the Bayville Bridge on the North side of the bay. Been running like a charm, but ever since my over-prop goof I can't seem to get her to start without a little shot of starter spray. Think perhaps I blew a ring or something. Anyway, I'm over any thoughts of repowering and now considering either a rebuild of my Lehman 4D61, or simply keeping a case of starter spray on the boat at all times. Welcome feedback on the diagnosis of my starting problem, as well as any advice on a rebuild. BTW, she only has 1,000 hrs on her.

Thanks All :D
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I'm not an expert, but I have read that starter spray is not good for a diesel. Too flammable? Have you tried WD40?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”