• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 HP and Torque chart for various RPM

Albin's "power cruisers"
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: A25 HP and Torque chart for various RPM

Post by nebulatech »

Ok, I got it. It looks like that wasn't attached to the motor when I got the boat, but unless some frustrated mechanic tossed it overboard, there's a chance it's in a particular box I'm thinking about that was in the cabin. That box is now with the motor parts, which I did dig through today (just not the particular box I'm now thinking about). I'll have another look tomorrow, but chances aren't great, since it wasn't on the motor when I took it apart. I'll let you know!

Are we looking at the same page?
https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/vo ... 15130.aspx

I saw "ball valve" as #50. If they have the item in stock, you can click on it, and it looks like it has a cross reference to other motors (maybe newer or more common) that use the same part, which might make it easier to track down on ebay, because #50 ball valve is over 50 Euros, and in Europe. Sheesh!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

This thang?
IMG_2647.JPG
Where do I send it? No charge, The Starfleet Commander is asking for postage. She runs a tight ship.

PM me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

That sure looks similar to what I need WillieC. Can't be 100% sure because the coupling on the end of my throttle cable looks a bit different than yours. However, it is designed to hook onto a ball, so the only question is the ball diameter, which I would estimate should be about 5 or 6 millimeters. The threaded stud and hex nut are just what I need. Will send address by PM. Shipping cost no prob. Much appreciated, WillieC.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

I should be able to send it out tomorrow. Regular mail ok?

I was scrounging my nuts and bolts junk cans and couldn't come up with anything. My Montana MD17C is pretty much stripped and there it was. Still bolted to the governor lever.
It came off easily with SAE wrenches, which is a little suspect. I'll mike the ball today. If it is SAE, maybe the cable end can be swapped. I have so much mix on the WillieC, I carry two sets of wrenches and one to drop overboard.

Hope it works out!
IMG_2649.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Nebulatech,

I'll go off topic by trying to get back to the original topic...then veering madly...

The original Per Brohall handbook on the A25 has a fuel consumption graph in it with HP, rpm, miles, kilometers, cubits, and furlongs to empty with US gallons, liters, liters, lighters, and blighters along with HP, watts, joules, and dark matter required to push the boat in fresh water, salt water, molasses and bunker oil. (All this to say I wasn't able to make much sense of it.)

Have you seen this graph? The one I was perusing yesterday is a photocopy, but I may be able to find the real book if it could be useful to you. Note that this graph was based on the AD21 and the prehistoric non-deluxe hull.

(I am not an engineer, but I did take maths up through calculus. It must be just me, but a 2D graph compares...2 variables, right? Rpm on one axis and moonphase on the other, then how do they determine when the train traveling west, leaving Chicago going 60 mph on a Tuesday morning at 8am will just miss Marty McFly's Delorean somewhere near Kingston, AZ two years ago?)
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

regular mail is fine, WillieC.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Not looking at same site, but the drawing shows the same ball joint on a lever whose travel is limited by a pair of opposing set screws arranged in a horizontal V-pattern. ball, lever, and travel limiting screws are all missing in your photo.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Agree. Neb is missing all those parts.

The vertical rod connects to the governor linkage below. One set screw is high limit, the other is low end travel. Low Idle is adjusted not by the low end travel, but by loosening the clamp on the rod and turning the control rod. That’s why it has a screwdriver slot in the end if the rod.

None of this is fuel flow. That is done behind the plate with the stop engine rod. You can screw this up real bad real easy. Ask me how! Our operators are standing by!

Hopefully, Nick, none of this has been “fooled” with on your engine. The vertical control rod can be 180 degrees out and you can spend a couple days scratching your head on it. Trust me.

You have the book, right? All this adjustment starts with the low end screw set at 14 mm. If I recall. You need the book. I have PDFs if you need them.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Nick I didn't get to look today. Solid downpour. I will let you know, but hopefully the part from WillieC will do the trick.

Back to my request for a graph, I believe I have found, in a roundabout way, the info I was looking for. Thanks WillieC for offering the charts. Dont go through the hassle.

Regarding the 2d graphs that try to map more than 2 things, I agree. They get confusing for me as well. Lucky we live in the modern era where computers allow us to simplify things with scatter plots, Gant charts, clusters, heat maps, tag clouds and the like, all driven by one or more relational databases.

I just want to go boating...
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Hi WillieC & nebulatech:

I found my ball joint deep in the keel section of the bilge below the prop shaft. I had poked a magnet down there earlier, working blind in a pool of water with no luck. Today I decided to sponge out the water and was able to actually see the ball shape. My ball measures 6mm, which I believe is 1mm smaller than what you are putting in the mail. I can return mail yours when it gets here.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Excellent! So glad you found it. Mine is closer to 3/8".

Sent yesterday, don't worry about postage. Thanks for returning it, You never know...
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Thanks WilleiC fir the warning about fuel system adjustments. When the engine was last operating everything was fine. When removing the jammed tranny only the 3 cable connections were separated; no other fuel system adjustment points were changed. I'm hoping everything will work OK. If not, I'll take the boat to one of two Lake Michigan Marinas who can work on an old Volvo-Penta engine.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Glad you found the part Nick!

Looks like I was missing the part you needed, but keep me in mind if you need something else. I'd be happy to see the parts go to good use.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Good news, Nick. If nothing was moved, you'll be fine. Just don't let me near it!
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Ball joint being returned by mail today. It could probably have been useful provided the plastic snap-coupling could be threaded onto the cable end, however, recovery of my original fitting makes all that unnecessary. I deeply appreciate your help WillieC.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”