• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello from a newbie

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
TopCat
Deckhand
Deckhand

Hello from a newbie

Post by TopCat »

Greetings everyone, I just signed up yesterday. My wife and I are wannabe cruisers who are interested in researching Albin boats. We looked at a 32 Command Bridge last weekend and were very impressed. Our dream is to semi-retire in the next two years, and cruise the great loop and the Bahamas, and eventually ship the boat to Mexico (Sea of Cortez) where we have a vacation/retirement place.

We had started looking at larger, older traditional Tiawan trawlers, but realized we would miss the fishing and diving abilities afforded by a boat with a cockpit. And maybe we aren't quite ready for life in the slow lane at 8 knots! The aft cabin/forward dinette layout on some of the 32 Command Bridge and 32+2 models looks like it would work out well for us, and I think we will be looking at mid to late 90's boats.

We currently have a Glacier Bay 2670 catamaran, which we take on Bahamas trips every summer, as well as local fishing and diving from our home port of Vero Beach, FL. But we are ready to move up.

Thanking you all in advance for the questions we are sure to have, and fair winds and calm seas to all.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Welcome to the group.

Sounds like a good retirement plan to me. There are a few very experienced 32+2 owners here.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

We just bought a Trinka Dinghy from Vero Beach. Great people to deal with. And there are alot of people from Baltimore that take up residence in your area. Good luck in your search!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Topcat,
Welcome to the board. Your plan of the great loop matches our plan. The wife and I will do it someday. You will find a ton of information and opinions here that should help you make your decision.

Butch - Nice dinghy! Good choice.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

WELCOME!!!

Return to “New Member Introductions”