• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Splash

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Splash

Post by LISal »

I finally splashed sunday after a long 3 weeks of working on her everyday... I will post before and after pics and list jobs another time lol. I have been burning the candle at both ends to say the least. The former SERENITY is all that she was promised to be. She performed marvelously and besides having no electronics on her maiden voyage it was a perfect first trip. I had rushed her back together and accidently pulled the power wire from a 4 gang switch panel max had installed. Of course both gps are on this panel.. Sunday at 8am transporters showed up, i believe when they showed up i was bleeding the steering system sense i had replaced the steering ram seals. I had about 3 jobs going when they got there lol and still no prop on her. By 9 am she was loaded up and on her way, miracles do happen. Showed up at bayshore marina by 9:30 with my newly broken toe "yep broke my toe loading her up lol... The splash was eventful, we get to the dock and its pea soup, you cant see more than 100 feet which was anticipated by me and i had asked a friend who claimed to know the local waters and that cut " like the back of his hand" I was on no sleep because i had worked straight through the night and was happy to have what i thought was a knowledgeable local capt. I was disappointed when i heard him say the tide was coming in when i knew it was going out lol. I at this point questioned him and we stayed tied to the doc after he then stated we cant go till this clears up. I was ready to go using my machines but when they didnt turn on i decided to tie up at burnett's marina and take a nap. I borrowed a hose from someone gave her a quick rinse and hit the sack on a full tide unhappy that i had put my trust in someone who had a family who is very nautical but him not so much. When i look back it was the best thing i had sleep and it was the maiden voyage. Even though i would never been more than 100 yards from land probably better to be able to see during first run.. I am not sure when but what felt like as soon as i fell asleep i was awoken my marina personnel and asked to leave. I explained my situation and went back to bed even though they seemed to show no regard for my situation. What felt like again right as i fell asleep i was awoken again by marina personal this time i was kicked out of marina lol. They would not accept compensation and showed no mercy on the exhausted stranded capt lol. I at that point went and tied up at the town marina left a note after looking for dock master with no luck. Sunday night around 2am i finally awoke from my sleep to 40 mph wind and rain of biblical proportions. I was nervous and ran back to my baby to make sure she was not getting beat up. It was nice to sit at the helm relax with morning coffee watching the lightning and staying dry. I hung out till 4am then went home to catch up on emails and work and returned Around 9 am when i had the tide on my side again and it looked like a lake when I showed up. I smiled turned my navionics on my phone and went. i had never used the electronics on the boat besides playing with them in the backyard where max would joke doubt you will see anything "he was always making jokes" so using my phone was probably best anyway but i had no choice sense my system was down. I steamed to Seaford where i stopped at my friend mikes gas station to fix the few things that I had left and the electronics. I ended up leaving her there for couple of days getting the rest of my work done. Wednesday Morning i showed up in seaford and got her home where she happily sits now in point lookout just awaiting the offshore species to show up... I am rushing now to get to lady joe my chris craft to finish up some fiberglass work i didn on the transom before it rains. I just need to gelcoat today and done... she will be launched monday and then i can start enjoying this season. Its been crazy trying to get boat boats ready under such tight time restrictions. I am glad i did push so hard because I needed to get my boat out of Margaret's yard. I look forward to sharing all the work i did with everyone and will get to that post once i have a little time to compose. i also have to learn how to upload photos..
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Splash

Post by Nancy »

Great post, Sal! Congratulations on the successful splash.

As for the photos, Desert Albin just did a great write-up here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11593
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “Albin Maintenance”