• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge switch

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

easyeee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Salerno, Florida

Bilge switch

Post by easyeee »

My aft bilge switch on the panel won't shut off I pulled the fuse and it's still lit up bilge won't stop running had to cut the wire has anyone else had this problem the boats a 28 te
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Bilge switch

Post by catalina_mike »

Stuck float and the wire is not ran to the correct terminal. On mine the switch is not three way. Basically Fuse then hot wire to float. Then a increase of water lifts the float and the pump runs. The switch on the dash parallels the float and turns on the pump.

You're is running because the float is stuck and the float switch (if I were to bet money on it) is run to the buss bar instead of the fuse outlet. It's tight and hard to put it on the correct location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Same here. 3-way bilge pumps switches are of no use to me. Why would you want the pump "off" other than to fill the bilge for cleaning or to work on the pump/wiring. For those random times just pull the fuse. Float switches direct to battery with inline fuse is the safest way - never can a switch be accidentally left in the off position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
easyeee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Salerno, Florida