• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

battery switch

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

battery switch

Post by saltshaker28 »

on my 02 28 te with a yanmar 315 i have a 27 series battery and a 4d also i would like to know witch battery is house and witch one is engine?
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Re: battery switch

Post by Ben423 »

Grp. 27 is engine starting battery.
4D is house.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

See disscusion in the link below. Original set up from Albin was the 4D=start, group 27=house. I added an additional group 27 to help with the inverter I installed. Works well, no issues if you watch your power use.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6596&p=38894&hilit= ... +28#p38894
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Each battery is separate because of the switch. I know the beast had a larger battery requirement for the "starting battery". The term starting is the battery you always protect when on the hook or can. I have a 31 for starting and a 8D for house.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

I have the same set up in my 30FC. 4D and Group 27. Both dual purpose. I'm just learning the boat and going on weekend number 3. My Xantrex battery charger was set on the wrong type of battery setting (AGM) vs the correct setting for my batteries(Lead Calcium). On every boat I've bought I replace the batteries the first month. So I may do it on this one but the batteries are around two years old. My Perkins only starts on the 4D. The Group 27 usually won't start it.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI

Return to “Albin Maintenance”