• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

President Bush is Coming!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

President Bush is Coming!

Post by johnmurray »

My second favorite boating destination (the Rideau Canal is first) is the Chateau Montebello, located thirty-nine miles down river from our yacht club. It is a nice easy cruise with rolling farmland and small towns along the banks of the beautiful Ottawa River.
The Chateau itself is a very unique log structure that has been converted into a word class resort. Among its many features is a well equipped marina and the overnight docking fee includes access to all of the Chateau's facilities.
I spent two days there last week (in my Albin 30FC) and was interested to observe the preparations for the visit of President Bush next week. Of course security is a major consideration and transient boaters at the Chateau marina are banned for a week surrounding the visit. Those who have seasonal moorage at the Chateau are allowed to leave their boats there, but cannot access them.
There are police boats everywhere (including two at our yacht club) and they will be keeping a close eye on all transient boats on the river, but they say that they do not plan to close the rivers to boaters even during the days of the actual visit.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Wait till you see the parade when he arrives! Hope you don't have to drive near there - checkpoints, surveillance decks, K-9's, and a 2 mile motorcade.
Time Out Annapolis
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

If you can, whenever a US President is in town, stay far far away. The last one here was Bush Sr. Oh, what a circus! Hate to think what it is like now post 9/11.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mr. President

Post by AlMar »

Please show him a really good time, and a lot of support.......Maybe he'll want to stay.
AlMar
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

We shall certainly show him our respect because, regardless of politics, he is the American Head of State. I don't think we will encourage him to stay however because we already have more politicians (of all stripes) than we need here in Ottawa. On the other hand if he wants to acquire a nice Albin and come up here for a cruise, he will always be welcome.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Dear AlMar-
Bravo! and Dear All - any time you decide to visit DC - let us know!We both work on the Hill - you wouldn"t be impressed!
Time Out Annapolis

Return to “General Discussion”