• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A little propane, a little spark

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

A little propane, a little spark

Post by chiefrcd »

Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Wow! Quite a kaboom! In Bermuda we don't marina hop &, though we have a 6kw genny, we hate the noise of a genny.

The first thing I did after buying the boat in 99 was to take the electric stove out & install a gas stove/oven. The problem was where to put the 20# gas tube. With the 32 there is no room in the anchor locker & no room in any bridge storage area. The less than perfect solution was to put the tube in the port side cockpit storage bin. The bin used to have a drain into the bilge. Not anymore. That got sealed & a vent line was run from the top side of the in through the transom just under the platform. The theory is that worst case is that if the tube leaks the bin can fill with gas then vents overboard. The tube is always turned off when we are not on the boat.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Propane storage bins should always have a drain at the bottom, leading overboard, so that the gas can "drain" off the boat if there is a leak. Just like water.

Return to “General Discussion”