• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Composting toilet options for A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Composting toilet options for A25

Post by tribologist »

Been working on upgrading the floor for it. Got my self some extra storage out of it too. I bought a 1/2 sheet of 5/8 marine plywood. Not striped sapele but hopefully it will look ok. Better the pee soaked blue ones. I was initially going to mount it facing the door but it was kind of hard for me to do my pumpouts that way. (Got a permanent colostomy since 2017 so i stand facing it to empty. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Getting there! A day or two more to let the varnish cure. Its 5/8 marine plywood. Not as nice as striped sapele but good enough to take a dump over..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Finished the wood with a few(8 i think?) of Epifanes varnish and after final drying for a few days i installed it to the new floor. Very happy with how it look. We tried it on our first trip of the season from Waterford up to Whitehall on champlain canal. Learned the importance of instructing the people on board what the red light is about….
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”