• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Drystack versus Marina Berth?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Drystack versus Marina Berth?

Post by Tree »

I've no idea Rob. As far as I'm concerned now they've screwed up and I'm no longer carrying on with the idea. She will continue to occupy the marina berth but at drystack prices ;-) Also I get a free lift this year to antifoul and polish, so all in all I still get the savings I was aiming for, for this year at least.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Drystack versus Marina Berth?

Post by RobS »

Good to find the positive whenever possible, kudos to that. I would check the mounting hardware of the swim platform carefully. I've seen a number of transoms get damaged by that hardware not being 100% watertight. What happens is when the boat is sitting in a sea and going up and down and the waves are slapping under the platform it loosens the seal of the hardware over time and they began to weep. Since the yard is making good on this I would consider adding the re-bedding of the swim platform hardware to the list.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”