• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Re: New member

Post by Bidgood »

There are several of us who have this rare boat. If you search on "30 FC" you will find some of the posts. Start a thread if you like and we will answer any questions we can. They are great boats for cruising.

I have attached the original technical specifications for you information.

Regards,

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Tom. I don't think its the same boat as that was based on the 28TE I assume? The OP did say the boat was a 1977 boat, almost 38 years old essentially.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Tom, the boat in question was manufactured in Sweden in 1977 and was reportedly one of 3 brought to the US. Our 30 FCs were produced in the USA from 2004-2007. I did a further search and found the picture on GoPix from the ad for it when it was still for sale in Washington, NC. We got a newsletter from Denison Yachts the day before yesterday that showed that a 1977 Albin 30 FC sold in Washington, NC, in September for $13,000, so it must have been the same boat. Here is the picture I found. Interesting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Post by Bidgood »

You are correct as usual! BUT.... if one were to find a USA made FC 30. AND one were to purchase it. They would find it to be a perfect cruising boat. I had my bottom (the boat's) painted and did the Ridlyme (sp) treatment. It ran at 29 mph WOT. Wooo! hoo! I felt like one of the go fast boys. Now it is back to 18 -19 mph for the rest of the winter in FL. I will post some of my usual warm sunny winter cruising island pics for the group soon just to keep the up north crowd honest. FL is jammed this year on the roads. But the seas are empty!

Tom
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

It isn't the painting of your bottom which hurts, but the sanding and scraping :D Iwas in a feed store and wearing my dark work sunglasses. Alocal "homer" said you have silver dots on you're glasses. I Told him every week or so I paint my balls silver. I Am a crane operator...
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Tom, Can't wait to see your pictures. Glad you're having fun!
Albin 30 FCs rule! :lol:
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
BillsTrailers
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

Post by BillsTrailers »

Hello Friends,
I am a newbie to this forum, happy to join here.
Thank you

Tandem Trailer

Return to “New Member Introductions”