• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge water accumulation while docked

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Bilge water accumulation while docked

Post by Tree »

Just an idea and probably the same as what has been mentioned above but here is what I am doing.

I shall also splice my power feed into the shower pump with a push button switch that I'll mount somewhere discrete so it all looks neat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Whale makes a neat little pump that should be ideal for this application.
image.jpg
http://www.whalepumps.com/Marine/produc ... art-Family

Very narrow so it should fit down in the lowest part of the forward bilge area. I'm thinking of fitting one in my fairly large forward bilge (35TE) to keep it drier, with the full sized pump mounted forward of it for more of an emergency use.

Also, someone in this thread mentioned the momentary bilge pump switches. That's normal. You don't want to accidentally leave a pump on and burn it out or kill your battery. Many (not all) automatic pumps will have 3 wires. A ground (black) and two positives (usually brown and brown/white). One positive, the brown/white, is wired to your battery and powers the automatic function, the other, brown, is wired to your dash switch and provides the manual function. Just to make it even more fun some pump manufacturers use a different color scheme and the brown/white may be red. In some ways that makes more sense since in modern boating wiring standards RED is often "mains" power and is un-switched and sometimes un-fused.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Post by mjohnh »

Thanks, Sonny. The wiring is way beyond my pay grade.......I am still trying to design a power supply for 2 down riggers to be powered off of the 12 v outlet on the helm.......should be an easy problem, but most of the stock connectors are designed for 10 amp or less and the wires are 18 gauge...too small..........must be some out there some place....
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

mjohnh wrote:.......I am still trying to design a power supply for 2 down riggers to be powered off of the 12 v outlet on the helm.......should be an easy problem, but most of the stock connectors are designed for 10 amp or less and the wires are 18 gauge...too small..........must be some out there some place....
Have you thought of using a set of trolling motor connectors? They could certainly handle the load. I know Attwood and Minn Kota both make socket and plug sets.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Post by mjohnh »

Thanks for that suggestion....I will check it out.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”