• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Macerated

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Macerated

Post by Tree »

JackK wrote:
Tree wrote:Another, probably silly question. When the holding tank is full, how do you empty it? I am pretty sure that is where we are getting a bit of a pong from so I would like to clean it out but am unsure how it is supposed to be emptied?
Be careful killing off the bacteria in the holding tank. I got the bright idea of adding bleach one spring to clean the tank out. It killed all of the good bacteria that help keep the odors down. For almost a month anytime some pumped the head, the smell would drive everyone else overboard. It was not very conducive to guests on board :oops:

I ended up rinsing the tank repeatedly and then adding a product call Odorloss and I haven't had a problem since.

Jack
Odorloss is exactly what I've used, I am starting to see a trend in certain areas where we have the same product both sides of the Atlantic.

Doug, it is a really nice area - mainly yachts here but then the Solent is one of the busiest areas for yachtsmen in the world. Sadly as a result of that, we also have a fair share of idiots here that may only set to sea once a month during the summer (lots of company tax offset boats) and ruin it for many.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Macerated

Post by jleonard »

[quote="JackK It was not very conducive to guests on board :oops:

Jack[/quote]

Sometimes that's a good thing.
Like I always say..my boat parties 20 and sleeps 2 :D
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin