• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for honest knowledgable dealer

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Looking for honest knowledgable dealer

Post by Nancy »

RobS wrote:BUT the ice is thick
Brrr! You are hard core! Isn't this ridiculously early for the water to freeze down there? Especially considering it's saltwater?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I am far enough up creek the water is brackish, free fresh water flush every time I come in (kind of)
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

We had sheet ice in our marina as well. It is cold out there, but no snow.......yet!
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
backintoboating
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Narragansett Bay RI

Post by backintoboating »

Rob - if you are serious about listing T-R, how about listing her specs and your asking price? I have enjoyed reading your posts and know that your boat has a great history. I too am considering a 28 TE.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

backintoboating wrote:Rob - if you are serious about listing T-R....
That has yet to be confirmed. If I do decide to sell she will initially be listed exclusively on AOG.

Thanks for the kind words.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Tom,
We used, and HIGHLY recommend Ken Hilton of Standish Boatyard, as a purchasing agent. Not only was he supportive and informative, but he got us an excellent purchase price on an excellent boat. Besides that, Ken is an expert on Albins, and has helped me numerous times AFTER the sale with a mired of issues. Ironically, I live in Southport, NC, but our boat came from Annapolis, Md. Here's a link to his website. Don't hesitate to mention my name when contacting him. Good Luck!!!

http://www.yachtworld.com/standishboat/standishboat_0.html
tkav
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Deale MD

I'm down to a few boats

Post by tkav »

I'm down to a few boats and need some more advise.

I'm trying to keep my cost to 60k or so. I have a 2000 nicely upgraded and well kept with completely overhauled Yanmar 300 in 2012 or a 2002 with some ok upgrades but a boat that has not been as well kept. The 02 is 10k cheaper and 2 years newer. If The 315 Yanmar (1200 hours) checks out ok id rather have the newer boat and spend 10k getting it up to snuff. Am I being short sided in the possible costs involved? How much is the complete overhaul and then some worth (Yanmar 300 diesel with 80 hours since complete overhaul Spring 2012,(polished pistons, new turbo, rings, sleeves valve seats, bearings, head & valve job, timing belt, hoses, clamps, belts, etc.) Hull Awlgripped dark blue 2009, New batteries and charger 2012, New fuel tank & More!)? The third option is Rob's boat. The best boat I've found is Toy-Rific. Unfortunately I don't think a boat of that quality is in the cards for me right now. I'm going to have to buy less and spend more over time. Any advise is appreciated.

Tom
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Tom,
It really sounds like the 2000 is the deal! The engine work and Awlgrip job alone is probably worth $10k, then add in the other extras and it's icing on the cake. Ours is a 1999 and we love it. The biggest age factor is the engine and that's dealt with. With 1200 hours on the other one, at a minimum you're looking at a timing belt job if they've done everything else on schedule, and that will be close to $2k if there's no other problems. Sounds like the owner of the 2000 was on top of his game and it's a "drive away" boat. In either case, insist on as much as they have in documented service records. I was blessed w/everything from the commissioning as ours was a one owner boat. And find a good surveyor. It's an exciting adventure sorting and buying one. Good Luck!

Return to “General Discussion”