• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Re: New Member

Post by Bidgood »

Welcome to the Group. The 30 Fc's have some unique features in addition to the ones on the 28TE's. We have a few owners on the site so please feel free to post or PM us for questions about your boat. I have hull "0" and the same engine as you do. We cruise the SW Florida Gulf coast. Nice to have you on board!

Tom L.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Great photos. Nice to have the ones on the actual ship, that's pretty cool.

Hope you have a great summer! The days are cooling off here but we've still got some good boating ahead.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Veebyes2 wrote:Welcome to the group. I have imported 3 boats into Bermuda over the years. What is the purpose of the quarantine? Don't have it here. The boat is customs inspected, you pay the import duty, the boat is released to you.
I was wondering the same thing about the quarantine. Bugs and other critters, perhaps?

I flew from JFK to Cancun and just before arrival the flight attendants walked up and down the aisles with a metal box spraying a fog. They were fumigating the plane... and passengers! They made two passes! [Cough cough wheeze gag....]

They announced it was "required by the Mexican Government". Funny thing is they didn't do it on the return flight to JFK. Guess it's not "required by the USA Government".

Canada may have something similar. I read Chad Kroeger (singer for "Nickelback") had his Lamborghini stuck in Canadian Customs for over a year before they released it to him.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Graeme K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Australia

Re: Quarantine

Post by Graeme K »

Australia has the strictest quarantine requirements in the world, due to our isolation and being essentially bug and disease free for primary producers etc.
Customs inspected our boat on the wharf and then gave me notice it was to go to quarantine. I remember the Quarantine Supervisor saying that the boat being from salt water meant the cost and work was a lot less than if it had come from fresh water. A timber boat is coccooned in an envelope for weeks for treatment and can run into thousands of dollars. There is no quarantine for new boats.
Graeme K
Graeme K
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Somers Point

Post by Graeme K »

Thanks Tom,
We enjoy our 30FC and have done a bit of improvements on it. It's great to have two cabins on a 30'. We sleep in the aft cab.
sneaking in a couple more photos:
1. Early 2010 - on the launch & retrieve trailer I made (not for road use).
2. Last Christmas - canvas project completed. After much thought, measuring and drawings, finally settled on this design. I did a good part of the stainless work, but not the welding. The canvas guy did a good job for us.
3. The wash bay at our marina after a few days out.
4. Upstream on the Tambo River.
Graeme K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Really nice Graeme! Thanks for posting the photos.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

GREAT LOOKING BOAT. What an experience to see your new boat through all the places it went to arrive in fine condition. Nice to have you abroad.
Are thier many Albins in your country?
whwells "Howard"
Graeme K
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Graeme K »

Thanks,
Our Albin was the first registered in our State, Victoria. We did cruise by a 28 at anchor, fishing, last year.
A 28 was for sale in Queensland for quite some time - a 2006, immaculaye, with around 70 hours on the Yanmar. I guess for Australia a handful of 28's is pretty good. An odd Albin Trawler came here in the 80's-90's.
I occasionally see one.
Not forgetting the missus and me with our A30FC. I have been surprised at the interest some have in Somers Point.Even an occasional yachtie is impressed - now that's something, a yachtie giving praise to a power boat.
Graeme K
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Graeme

I assume your reference to yachtie is to sailboats. As a former sailor, my experience is that sailors really appreciate some of the Albin designs. Especially when they show up to run a sailboat race. I've used my 28 as the main committee boat on several regattas this year and it works well. My son is an active sailor here in Annapolis and my yacht club is very active in sponsoring regattas here on the Chesapeake Bay. I love that my Albin gives me the opportunity to be a part of both power boating and sail boating.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Graeme K
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Graeme K »

Lou,
With Aussies, a "yachtie" is a sail boat owner/crew, rather than the actual boat. A "yacht" covers all sail boats, big or small.
Must be boating heaven with the magnificent waterways you have across America.

Graeme K

Return to “New Member Introductions”