• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow Thruster

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Bow Thruster

Post by JackK »

ragman wrote:HI guys

I have a bow thruster too in my 31' but the shear pin is in the plastic prop, I regularly change it every 6 mths or so but my boat is on the hard so access is easy. Is there another shear pin in the motor? Never notice this function after having this boat for 15 years now. Any enlighten would be greatly appreciated.

Following seas
Ragman
The pin behind the plastic prop on my thruster is a solid stainless steel drive pin. That is not a shear pin and should not be breaking - if it is the same as my thruster. There is a groove in the back of the plastic prop to hold this pin. If that groove is worn you may be having the prop skipping over the pin. Check the tightness of that bolt. It should be tight but not torqued.

The shear pin is located in the coupling between the motor and the thruster elbow (transmission). You access it (in the water is ok) by undoing the bolts connecting the motor to the transmission. On mine it is three allen headed screws. Then lift the motor and the coupling is visible on the bottom of the motor shaft. The shear pin is inside that drive coupling.

Hope that helps.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”