• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AFTER MARKET MARINE GEN SET VS HONDA GEN SET

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: AFTER MARKET MARINE GEN SET VS HONDA GEN SET

Post by Pitou »

Howard ... the Entec unit is cased in a stainless "sound proof" enclosure" which does a darn good job coupled with the sound proofing package of my Albin.

Entec has a bargain tab on their website for some proto types for $ 3,500. Not sure what that is all about, but maybe worth a call. Check with them and others for remanufactured units as well.

Sure understand the drain when trying to outfit the new boat when you are a two boat owner. My additions came after my prior boat was finally sold after owning the Albin for 10 months. A little over 10K of goodies finally found there way on board after that twin outboard center console was shipped from the right to left coast! Good luck with that Luhrs! :wink:

http://entecwest.com/index.htm
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: AFTER MARKET MARINE GEN SET VS HONDA GEN SET

Post by whwells »

Okay, will look into solar. Will have to check out how .much room there is between the soft top & the radar arch Norm thanks for the clamp pictures. Not sure that would be needed at this point, but looks like a nice winter project.
Roy your 36' is looking great. Lots of work has gone into your project with great results. Look forward to seeing it up close
whwells "Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”