• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1000 Hour service on 6LP

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 1000 Hour service on 6LP

Post by RicM »

Yes, be careful where you look. The guys at Allen's Harbor noticed the dry rot cracks in the hose from the seacock (also very stiff, how do you change those?) to the strainer. Measured the hoses for replacement and that's when I found rust and salt around the leaky pump. Decided to open no more hatches for a while. On a bright note my new "Solaire Anywhere" grill just came in. I will have it with me for the rendezvous. It looks pretty cool, going to try it out tonight.
http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/index.htm
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I'm sure I can find the cracks, I did not inspect 100% of the surface area of the hoses. That's why I say, they WILL get replaced.

A BFW will unscrew the seacock off the threaded thru-hull fitting. The fitting stays bedded in the hull. The old seacock spins off the threaded fitting and the new one spins on and gets bedded to into sealant.
RicM wrote:...the short hose from pump to heat exchange as it appeared to be a molded special hose...
Are you referring to the hose on the exit side of the cw pump? See photo with green arrow, mine goes 90deg north to the bottom of the fuel cooler. Then next item upstream of the fuel cooler is the air cooler (intercooler). The heat exchanger is around the other side of the engine...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Nice grill ! You better chain that thing up at Essex if grillmaster Capt Zinbaad is there. He PM'd me last month that he already BBQ'd at least 1 cow and 2 pigs aboard Mahalo this season.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RicM wrote: On a bright note my new "Solaire Anywhere" grill just came in. I will have it with me for the rendezvous. It looks pretty cool, going to try it out tonight.
http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/index.htm
Ric,
Nice looking grill. Where are you going to use it? I like the idea of the rail mount but I don't have any rails. :wink:
Given the cooking area is the same on both models, why did you choose the Anywhere vs. the Everywhere?

I'm ready to order one,

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I don't see any reason it can't sit on the engine box, maybe with a sheet of something heat reflective under it. I have brackets on the transom fishbox doors for a huge Magma grill that came with the boat that I find useless. I am hoping to put the same mounting hardware on the Solaire. I will post pics when done.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Ric,
I found a rod holder adaptor today.

http://www.air-n-water.com/product/sol-170br.htm

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

jcollins wrote: Given the cooking area is the same on both models, why did you choose the Anywhere vs. the Everywhere?
I figure he has an Albin he HAD to buy the heavier duty of the grills!!

The "Everywhere" does look like it might store away a bit more easily. I'll be looking forward to checking out the new grill in Essex!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”