• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Too much soot? Yanmar 6LP-STE

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Too much soot? Yanmar 6LP-STE

Post by Norseman »

Been using this stuff the last 100 gallons, seen quite an improvement, not much soot or smoke anymore.
CEEC10F0-6BB0-483B-84B2-C72CE984DBC0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

Thanks. I will give it a shot.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

They have taken the good stuff out of our diesel so Cetane is helpful so I use Lubrication Engineers fuel additive. My friend has sold their products for 30-40 years. He has also helped diagnose friends engine issues with oil analysis. It really tells the story so I trust his opinion religiously. https://www.lelubricants.com/fuel-treatments.html
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Post by elad9000 »

Cetane booster worked for me. No more smoke. Easier starting. Smoother idle. Better fuel mileage. Can't go wrong.
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

My boat would get a lot of soot build up on the side of the boat. I had it checked by my mechanic. What he found was this plug was missing from the after cooler. The missing plug was causing low turbo boost. The funny thing is the boat ran fine with no lose of power.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Nancy's Promise wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:55 pm My boat would get a lot of soot build up on the side of the boat. I had it checked by my mechanic. What he found was this plug was missing from the after cooler. The missing plug was causing low turbo boost. The funny thing is the boat ran fine with no lose of power.
I thought the little bit i had on the water line this year from the hot weather was bad - sure your engine isn't coal powered??!!!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”