• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin design revisited

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe harbor Sakonnet Portsmouth , RI

Albin design revisited

Post by GeorgeS »

For all like me who regret that Albin Marine went out of business there are recent clones. It is said that imitation is the best flattery, well MJM yachts in Rhode Island, much in fashionable demand these days, has taken up the design brief left by Terence Compton and the Albin company of Portsmouth RI defunct in 2010.
Of course to obtain a new MJM 29 (not currently in production) MJM 36 or MJM 40 which most emulate the Albin 28 or 35 TE, one must be prepared to drop a king's ransom in cash and annual upkeep. That was not the objective when our Albins were built as practical, seaworthy semi displacement recreational and fishing vessels for us everyday fun-loving middle-class folks. Of course if we equip our boats with all the latest gizmos, we can still have more fun at less cost and even leave a bit for the grandchildren. .

Return to “General Discussion”