• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie with offer accepted on 40' NSC

JSS4401
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cosy Harbor, Southport, Maine

Newbie with offer accepted on 40' NSC

Post by JSS4401 »

Good Morning! We live year round on Southport Island in Maine and are planning a survey next week on HIGHLANDER in Bayhead, NJ. Have reading the post here and are anxious to see her- it's an 8 hour drive so we're combining the survey and our inspection the same day. We've been sailing our 38' yawl for years but would like a change. As I do all the winterizing I have questions... Do the waters tanks have drains to winterize? There are alot of potable water lines etc. and I'm wondering how easy/complicated that will be. Also any info on the intake seals would be much appreciated
JSS4401
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Newbie with offer accepted on 40' NSC

Post by JSS4401 »

I meant to say the intake valve seals. I've read the new ones installed by Yanmar are green and the old leaky ones are gray. Only the intake seals were replaced. I'm waiting to get the engine serial numbers and contact yanmar but thought a previous owner might be helpful. Thanks!
JSS4401
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Newbie with offer accepted on 40' NSC

Post by JSS4401 »

Good Morning! Cindy an I (Jon) went to look at HIGHLANDER yesterday with a surveyor for a hull survey and mechanic for engine surveyor. She's great but can any one tell what the draft is??? Feel stupid not checking that when we short hauled her but a lot was going on. Havn't checked with the surveyor yet but thought someone here might know. Have seen on line any where from 3 to 4.5 feet. As the running gear is the deepest t is vulnerable and our mooring in a drain out Maine tide is in about 4' of soft mud.. Thanks in advance!

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”