• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shore power 2001 Albin 28’

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Alexdixon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Riverside ct

Shore power 2001 Albin 28’

Post by Alexdixon »

Hi - I bought an Alvin over the winter, and really like it, but have tried to turn the refrigerator on while I’m plugged into shore power; however it’s ended up draining my battery. Here’s the way I have the switches laid out, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Shore power 2001 Albin 28’

Post by catalina_mike »

Ok so battery charger needs to be on and it looks like it is. 12vdc needs to be on and it looks like it is. 12 for the refrigerator looks like it is off. Verify that the charger is getting power and that the outputs are showing above 12 vdc. Start there. There should be nothing running more load then the charger can output.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

You nailed it. Just turn on the fridge.
Don.
Alexdixon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Riverside ct

Post by Alexdixon »

Thanks mike, how do I go about Verifying that the charger is getting power and that the outputs are showing above 12 vdc?

I assume with the charger light on that it’s getting power. I hadn’t turned the refrigerator on for this photo as I didn’t want it draining The batteries until I figure this out.
Alex
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Turn off the charger. Check battery voltages. Turn charger on verify battery voltages increased. If the battery voltages do not go up you need to check things at the charger. There should be fuses or breakers on the output from the charger protecting the wire to the batteries. Not sure if you are handy with a voltmeter but it is a necessary skill on a boat. If you are not up to speed on voltmeters check out youtube for education.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Electronics”