• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Who had the A25 that visited Captain Vancouvers Puget Sound stops?

Albin's "power cruisers"
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Who had the A25 that visited Captain Vancouvers Puget Sound stops?

Post by 11kolive »

Years ago a member had an A25 that went around to documented locations in Puget Sound that Capt Vancouver explored and possible she installed markers as well.I just cannot seem to remember her name or the name of her boat but would love to revisit those posts or if she did any YouTube stuff. Maybe her name was Hira??
If you have any leads I would appreciate them. She encouraged me to write my blog about our Princess Louisa trip in 2010 with our A25 Leighway.
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who had the A25 that visited Captain Vancouvers Puget Sound stops?

Post by 11kolive »

Well, after much guessing I found the info on this site. Now I have more material to read over until we take ownership of our next A25.

Hira Reid and her boat Shatoosh
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

In 2018 Hira Reid sold Shatoosh to Joyce Winough, who at the time lived in Green Valley, AZ south of Tucson. She kept it down there for a while and contacted me to help her launch it for a test run at Lake Pleasant NW of Phoenix and 15 minutes from our home . I helped her launch, but we only got as far as backing it into the water at the ramp & firing up the Volvo engine. Unfortunately the raw water pump went bad, needed a new impeller and the engine started to overheat. She didn't have any spares on board. So that's all we could do. Later she had it up in Seattle and also stored for a while in Comox on Vancouver Island. Myself and Rick A, aka WillieC, tried to contact her & visit when we were in Comox on the way to Desolation Sound, but she was in Japan dealing with her Reiki alternative medicine business. Last year she moved permanently to Japan and sold her boat through Capital City Yachts brokerage in Olympia, same folks we're working with now to sell La Dolce Vita. So far no takers yet.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

Thank you for the update! Hira was a trooper and helped me get my blog going. I have been reading her blog again and looking at all the projects she did to Shatoosh. I love seeing how and what others do to their boats to make them work for what they want. We are in touch with Tucker from F.S.Minnow and awaiting their arrival down from Petersburg to go aboard their boat. They should be in Prince Rupert today assuming weather and seas cooperate. I have been following their blog and tracing their path by using the blog and referring to my Charlie’s Chart’s book on going to Alaska. All I can say is, Tucker and Ginger are quite the adventurous duo! I am not sure I would be that bold.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

We had lunch with Hira in Tacoma several years ago. She was living in Puyallup at the time I think. So good to chat with her. We also saw Shatoosh on the Canal, met the great folks who bought the boat from Hira.

We later saw Shatoosh in Friday Harbor, I think it was a few owners later. Definitely connected to the Comox contingent.

Her stories still inspire us, especially her South Sound travels, which we hope to be doing soon with our new boat. Launching this weekend, hopefully!!
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

Nice to hear of your upcoming launch WillieC! What is your new boat? Hira and her adventures were one of a kind!
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

I can confirm that FS Minnow is in Prince Rupert today as am I. Spotted her at the PR Yacht club but could not drop by due to locked gate. We are not as adventurous and came by ferry on the Northern Explorer. Heading home via Bella Coola tomorrow.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

dkirsop, thanks! I just received their updated blog on their return trip. It was posted in Prince Rupert. I am vicariously enjoying their trip.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hi Dave (aka dkirsop),

Sorry if a bit OT, but I wonder if you could be so kind as to pass along to the BC Albineer folks that we have our boat for sale on consignment in Olympia. Some may remember our boat from the 2018 & 2019 rendezvous in Ladysmith. I don't know how or am not able to post a notice on the Albineers of BC For Sale page. Being the Luddite that I am, I'm not of Facebook or Instagram. Send a PM & let me know if that's something I can do from my end and if so how. Thanks!
20180625_210945edit (800x450).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

I will give it a try and let you know if I am successful.
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

Dave, DesertAlbin76, I just posted your question on the FB Albineers BC page and will let you know when and what I get for a reply.

Keith
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

Dave, I just found this Albineers BC as a group page on Google groups. Here is the link to see the page and you could try posting there maybe?

https://groups.google.com/g/albineers-of-bc

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”