• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 table attaching to aft cabin door

Albin's "power cruisers"
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental, NC

A25 table attaching to aft cabin door

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

Could someone do me a favor and post a photo of the aft cabin door metal piece and the metal piece on the table and how they join? We don't have the piece for the door but want to have one fabricated and we also wonder about the orientation of the piece on the table, looks like it might be upside down. Thank you.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 table attaching to aft cabin door

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Here's our cockpit 'table', a varnished teak veneer plywood board inherited from previous owners that doubles as a cover for the opening next to the main cabin door that on some boats is where a fridge or icebox lives but on our boat serves as storage space for spares etc. On ours the table board originally attached on top of the narrow wood strip screwed to the aft cabin door via pins on the board that dropped into holes in the wood strip. That tended not to be a stable connection, so I changed it to where I installed s/s 1/4-20 threaded rod on the under side of the wood strip and secured the table board with wing nuts as seen in this photo.
20240514_132042ltrbox.jpg
We never liked the original dining table/fill in board as a dining table for the main cabin. First, it was wobbly since front end is a pipe that goes in a socket and the aft end is that "leg" you see in the brochure photo, and second it was hard to squeeze past the edges.

brochure dining table.jpg

What we found that works better is this Wal*Mart folding TV dinner tray that fits nicely between the settees in the main cabin or in the cockpit and doesn't wobble. As a cockpit table the Wal*Mart tray folds up flat & is easily moved aside without blocking access to the aft cabin. Also they're only $22.

Before we put our boat up for sale, we used that stock dining table only as the fill in board to make the settees in to a double V berth for sleeping.
walmarTVtray.jpg
Here's a similar setup on Mike Almvig's boat (also listed for sale on on Seattle Craigslist & the Swap/Trade/Sell page) but using the stock V berth fill board as a dining table table as originally intended.
mikealmvigstable.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

I refer to my posting of 2017. https://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.p ... 504#p66504
where there are pix of our simple table with explanations of how it fixes to 2 locations for different purposes.
Holding the legs in place was tricksy but overcome with a couple of small chainlinks screwed to the legs and the underside. Remember to put non-slip feet on the legs.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental, NC

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

Our table has this aluminum bracket but the other half of the bracket that was attached to the aft cabin door is missing. Can someone share a photo of what that bracket looks like? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”