• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

mixing elbow for yanmar 6lp-ste year 2000

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

peterf
Gold Member
Gold Member

mixing elbow for yanmar 6lp-ste year 2000

Post by peterf »

I am having some problems with ordering the right replacement mixing elbow in my area. Not many larger Yanmar's here & to complicate matters the parts guy is new!! He is telling me that there are 2 different types of mixing elbows for this engine which is news to me.
Does anyone have the part # for the mixing elbow & are there 2 different types depending on the engine ??

Thanks,

Peter
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Interesting....I will be watching this thread, mine is a 2001 and I heard that its about time for this as well.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I deleted the duplicate thread in the Tournament Express forum. Duplicate threads tend to confuse people when they go back and try to find it later. Traffic is slow enough on this site that most members tend to check each forum on a regular basis, so it won't get missed just because it is only in one forum.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Here's one post that might lend some light on the issue. Not sure as to whether there are two different parts or not. I would think that the 6lp in a Albin would be the same. There is however several parts that comprise this over all device. There is a elbow, several crush gaskets and clamps and a mixing elbow with a brass connector which cooling water dumps into the mixer. You also can find this part on line in Stainless Steel, pricey but then it might last a long time compared to the 5 years the CHEAP pot metal ones last.

viewtopic.php?t=1033
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
peterf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by peterf »

ok thanks . I got he part # from a marina I know in N.H. If anyone needs it the part# for the elbow alone is 119773-13501 & then you will need the rest of the stuff ie gaskets ,clamp & brass intake
Peterf
Morning Star

Raw Water Exhaust Mixing Elbows

Post by Morning Star »

I saw the comment below about SS exhaust elbows vs. the aluminium ones, and would like to add a comment about my experience. I'm in the process (and have been for a long time....) of upgrading a 1997 Albin 31 with twin Peninsular Engines.

I found the aluminium elbows badly corroded and replaced them both with new ones ($240 each, approx.). I went back to the aluminium style, because I'd added new engine raw water seacocks from FORESPAR that include a hose connection for fresh water flushing. The seacock has two positions, one for raw water inlet and the other for fresh water inlet.

In addition, the cost of SS elbows was ridiculous; something around $900 per side.

I plan to flush just about every time I return from a trip. From what I've seen in rebuilding all engine components, and the salt I found throughout the exhaust side of the manifolds (yes, upstream of the turbo), it seems to be cheap insurance.

I've also added SS check valves, just ahead of the mufflers, and have added a flapper valve to the exhaust outlet on the transom. None of this stuff was std from Albin, and in my opinion allowed much too much salt water into the exhaust hoses, where it could sit.

In summary, the extra cost of the new seacock and the extra effort of a regular fresh water flush will save grief and $$ down the road.

Hope this helps.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

I have a 2001 and replaced the elbow last year. I had inspected it a few years ago and it was fine. Last year the lip rotted away enough for the exhaust hose to come off ... noisy!!!!!
Don

Return to “Albin Maintenance”