• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new member: pcaron

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pcaron

new member: pcaron

Post by pcaron »

Wow ,, Law Suits, Factory closing's, Did I come at a bad time?
Just wanted to say Hello, being new to the group, We bought a 1985 36A . last summer and even though She has many issue's, mostly do to several years on neglect, we have fallen in love with her, and have now commited ourselves to a multi year restoration. It will take that long because she'll be in the water every summer, and will work on her during the winter months. This winter is being spent on rebuilding the 135 Lehman, and stopping (not reparing yet) the leaks at windows and decking. She may not be Bristol, but she still looks good. At some point I hope I can offer some relevant info with the group but at this point I am glad to have found a place with so much hands on Albin info. Our home base is Niantic, but we look forward to cruising far and wide, and meeting some of you for some sunset cocktails!! Peter and Millie
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Peter and Millie,
Welcome to the group. It is a good time to join. The more members the better. We are building a database of information, how-to's, and how-I-did it's. Over the next few months we hope to have an online library that can be searched and easily updated.
And, as I always say to new members, post some pics when you get a chance. We love pictures.

Hope to see you at the rendezvous.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Peter & Millie welcome to AOG. If you have questions or need ideas be sure to ask. This is a good helpful group. Be sure to spend some time in the past threads and use the search feature. Alot of good stuff there.
"Sunset cocktails" ....... always a good idea. 8)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Welcome to the board. You will find some very experienced and knowledgeable people here and an awesome asset for your plans to rebuild. We have relied on them for info and they come through every time. Congrats on your Albin!
Just an FYI - Albin owners have been known to enjoy sunrise cocktails as well :lol:
Time Out Annapolis
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Welcome

Post by Legacy »

Nice to see so many new members joining up. Most of the info on the site is great. Don't worry too much about the lawsuit stuff, it was just me trying to get some advice from the board. Terrific bunch of people, and we're all just a touch crazy about our Albins! Think Spring.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. Nice to see somebody with one of the tradtional trawlers jump in. Very beautiful boats. Much more appealing to the eye than a Grand Banks. Just my unbiased opinion.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “New Member Introductions”