• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Original head toilet brand and rebuild kit

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Original head toilet brand and rebuild kit

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Back 2012 we were beginning to think of selling our Catalina 25 sailboat & switching to some sort of powerboat. We had outgrown our home lake & others nearby and wanted to do coastal cruising, especially after sharing a San Juans, WA charter on a 40 ft Jeanneau sailboat. We weren't afraid of long distance trailering, but mast raising was getting to be too much for comfort. The choice was downsizing to a smaller sailboat with an easier to raise mast which meant cramped accommodations and sitting headroom in the cabin or going over to "the Dark Side". I found an 1977 Albin 25 for sale locally, which at that point had only heard of Albin Vega sailboats, so we went to check it out, going so far as using our truck to haul it up to the lake from the storage lot where it was being kept for a check ride on the water. Among other deal breaking problems we found was that it had the kind of Electrosan system as yours and no holding tank. That's fine if you're on the ocean and can run out 3 miles offshore to flush the toilet overboard but not so good in you're in a no-discharge area. Every one of these boats are different in one way or another. Some with marine toilets with holding tank of various size, others with the Electrosan, others with simple porta potties, and maybe even a few with composting heads. But except for 3 miles offshore in the ocean Electrosans are a no-no, even on large bodies of fresh water like the Great Lakes.
Albin.jpg
In retrospect I'd probably still be ahead of what we spent on La Dolce Vita if we had bought this boat & spent time, money, and effort to correct its problems instead of turning it down and searching for two more years for another one. But at the time we thought the $17K asking price was outrageous. But you live & learn. I'd kill to have a split stern rail and be able add a boarding ladder like that one had, but now it would be in the way of our dinghy davits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

20200731_184228.jpg
It looks like the minimum width is about 23.5" if you are mounting on the floor. Forgive the messed up veneer. I will be building cabinetry to cover it up.

Also note the newly installed whale gusher galley foot pump!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
patclem
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tennessee

Post by patclem »

This is their full size potty. The marine version is a bit smaller. They also make a version with a hull cutout so you can scoot it farther back towards the hull. It’s a worst case scenario size. I think it’ll fit best slightly diagonally.
342D8BDC-3ED4-4D5E-A3D9-6079890346EF.jpeg
1972 A25 hull #1366
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

19 inches deep, but whats the width? I think you're fine going full size. I don't find the "compact" round bowl to be comfortable. Mounting with the back against the aft bulkhead should work, if you can deal with the thru hulls. Might want to just glass them in if you won't be using them.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”