• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Considering a new 28 TE

Shark
Mate
Mate

Thanks

Post by Shark »

Thanks again for the info....where did you order the shop manual from?
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

Having changed the impeller on the sea water pump on the Yanmar 315 I found it much easier to remove the entire pump from the engine and change the impeller than trying to get the impeller out with the pump in place. I removed the bolts that hold hose adapter to the pump and then pushed the hoses out of the way. There are two bolts that hold the pump to the engine that are easy to get to. It is a good idea to have an extra hose adapter gasket...
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Post by LarryOwen »

I know that this is a late reply to the original post, but want to put in a plug for Cummins power. Both my '95 28TE and '02 28TE have been powered with the 330B. I put nearly 1000 hours on the first and have just over 600 hours on the second. By optimizing trim using GPS to obtain maximum speed at my cruising rpm of 2300 I averaged 8.1 gal/hr at cruising speeds of 18-20 knots this past summer (100.6 hours running time). Most of this was done with a fairly heavy load. The only problem I've ever had was my own fault - shut off the raw water seacock when cleaning the strainer, forgot to open it and fried the water pump impeller. This engine has lots of torque which helps in docking should the bow thruster fail. Regular oil changes, regular oil and fuel filter changes, annal replacement of heat exchanger zincs (I operate mostly in brackish waters) i.e. maintenance per the Cummins manual protect your investment and with this engine have given us trouble-free boating. It is not as quiet as the Yanmar, but I wouldn't trade it for my Cummins.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Shark,
I may have missed a post but did you purchase your 28 yet?
Just curious...
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”