• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fresh water flush

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southern California

Fresh water flush

Post by Tom Un »

One of the first things I did to my TE 28 was to install a 3 way valve so I can safely flush with fresh water after every outing. I simply push the 2" hose on a 2" male hose connection that is attached to a 5 gallon bucket I then run a water hose on full last in the bucket. The 2" hose is always connected the the 3 way valve. Besides stopping corrosion and saving on zinks the 2" hose can be used as an emergency bilge pump if needed. See attached pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Fresh water flush

Post by WillieC »

Three way valve. I like that. Simple. On the A25 that valve is only 5/8". I think that just rose to the top of my Covid-19 pre-season upgrades.

Thanks for the good pics!
Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southern California

Post by Tom Un »

You want to make sure your water pump draws the water in from a bucket and never hook a pressurized water hose to your system as it could push water in your engine then good by engine.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. One of the first things I did to my TE 28 was to install a 3 way valve so I can safely flush with fresh water after every outing. I simply push the 2" hose on a 2" male hose connection that is attached to a 5 gallon bucket I then run a water hose on full last in the bucket. The 2" hose is always connected the the 3 way valve. Besides stopping corrosion and saving on zinks the 2" hose can be used as an emergency bilge pump if needed. See attached pics.
Clever plumbing, I should copy this one for my boat:
Got a 3 way valve as well, but the 3 rd position opens up a garden hose attachment: Need 2 people to operate: With the engine running I turn the valve and a split second later the 2nd person opens up on the garden
hose.
Hardly ever use it as my canal is mostly fresh water, hence the cooling system is self cleaning after each trip, but occasionally I run “Salt-Away“ thru the system, let it sit overnight, then rinse it out next day.
Your system is better, and safer as a back up bilge pump. :idea:
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”