• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nautical Cross

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nautical Cross

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi guys and gals

Came across this interesting looking product that might be a great addition to your boating doo dads. Might be great for additional place for fender while at dock or especially while rafting

http://www.nauticalcross.com/products.htm

Does anyone have one of these? If so which size did you get.
Not sure if Albin outfits their boats with rod holders with a pipe diameter of 1 1/2" or 1 5/8"

Thanks in advance
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Good idea. I'll add it to my spring "todo' list.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

What a great idea. Right where you need to put a fender, at the stern, there is no place to tie one off. Too late to put one on my Christmas list but I'll have one for spring. Thanks for the link. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cheaper alternative

Post by RicM »

Common at my dock is to take about an 18-20" piece of pvc pipe, drill a hole across one end and tie a fender to the hole at the correct length to place the fender at your rub rail. You can stick in either rod holder in a second and it's always rigged to the correct height. Won't scratch the rod holder either
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Cheaper alternative

Post by Pitou »

RicM wrote:take about an 18-20" piece of pvc pipe, drill a hole across one end and tie a fender to the hole at the correct length to place the fender at your rub rail. You can stick in either rod holder in a second and it's always rigged to the correct height.
After taking notice of the "Nautical Cross" ad in SaltWater Sport or Sport Fishing, not sure which, I went to the local home center and got a short piece of wooden closet pole (custom fit) and did as explained by Ric with the PVC. It puts a fender where you need it clean and quick. I had initially intended to place the order for the cross, but ......
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
TonyAmalfitano

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

Get the closet pole, drill a hole for a 1/2" dowel and you have a "TEE". Stain to taste and there you go!
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nautical Cross

Post by RicM »

If you look at their web site they tell you in no uncertain terms that the Nautical Cross is not to be used for mooring your boat (as a cleat). That tells me that it's probably been done with bad results. By the look of it, eventually someone is going to wrap a rope around it (just for a minute, honest!) and it will end up getting used as a cleat anyway. The stick or the pvc section can be cut so it is just flush with the gunnel when in use. Much safer and more compact.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “General Discussion”