• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Merry...

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Merry...

Post by jcollins »

...Christmas? I am not a politically correct man. But, since starting this board I have realized that we are all very different. My jewish friends don't seem to worry about it too much. My muslim friend just smiles.
So, don't take offense but I think it's still o.k.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Since Albin has it's roots in Sweden here's some information about Christmas in Sweden.

In Sweden, the celebration of Christmas lasts almost two months. The fun begins with Advent. Each Sunday before Christmas a candle is lit on an advent wreath made of a stick that is decorated with white lichen and paper-mache mushrooms or red berries.

December 13 is St Lucia's Day. On this day, the eldest daughter in a family wears a white robe and a head wreath with candles. All dressed up, she serves the family St. Lucia buns (Lussekatter) and coffee in bed. A big event is the Lucia choir show. Young girls portray Lucia and "terns" (tärnor). Boys take part as starboys, tomtenissar (Jultomten's helpers) or ginger cookie characters.
Christmas ornaments might be made of straw. Animals, especially goats, are popular ornaments for the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree is also decorated with lights, glass ornaments, and tinsel.

On Christmas Eve, a large dinner or smorgasbord is served. Desserts include a rice pudding. An almond is hidden in the pudding. The person to find the almond is said to be the next to marry in the next year.

Another important Christmas Eve tradition is somewhat American! At three o'clock in the afternoon all the children stop to watch the Disney special "From All Of Us To All Of You." Dinner and presents must sometimes wait until after Kalle Anka (Donald Duck).

Children in Sweden look forward on Christmas Eve to gifts brought by Jultomten (today a cross between a little gnome and the German/British Santa Klaus). They make sure to leave him a bowl of porridge. They also put candles in the windows so he can find his way to the children's homes.

Christmas Day in Sweden is spent in church. December 26 is St. Stephen's Day (Staffen) in honor of the patron saint of animals. An old tradition on this day was to give the farm animals extra food to eat.

The holiday season concludes on January 13 or the 20th day Knut. On this day the Christmas tree is taken down and Christmas is over for another year in Sweden. Though a famous song in Sweden says that "Christmas lasts until Easter - no, not true, we have the fast in between."
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Yeah John....I'm pretty sure it's ok. I don't think us boaters are into the PC stuff (at least I'm not).

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Felice Navidad (I live in Miami), Happy Kwanzaa, or my personal favorite

Happy Chirsma-Kwanz-Ukka!!!

All kidding aside, Cheers and Merriment to all! I hope all you guys enjoy the next few days! (outside of the obligatory trip to the shopping malls.....shiver :shock:)
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to you all............... 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Happy Festivus to you too Chief :wink: Bottoms up all!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all, and hoping we all find some new boat toy under the tree !

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Merry Christmas AOG!

Hope you all have been naughty and nice! :D

Gery, Anne and Marissa Garcia
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hope you all have been naughty and nice!
Who told on me?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

Merry Christmas and thanks for the good story from Sweden.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Merry Christmas guys! (And any of the gals as well!)

Hope Santa's nice to you and you get all of the boating toys you asked for!

Wishing you all the very best.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Merry Christmas to all my Albin friends. Wishing you the best Christmas to you and all your family. For those of us with family in the service serving around the globe, I hope they arrive home safely. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

Merry Christmas to you Dennis and all your family, and ditto for all the Albin owners. May God Bless our soldiers -- our AMERICAN HEROES
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a good day!

Return to “General Discussion”