• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shrink wrap and Awlgrip

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Hey Ric, Looks like you got it wrappped just in time. 10" on the deck tonight. I triple that, same torch as mine / Dr.-Shrink.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Forget the ladder

Post by RicM »

With the weather theatening and 9" of ice in the bilge to suck out we went with the quick and dirty job. I wanted to do a shearline wrap so as to be able to work on the oxidized hull on pleasant days but it just didn't work out. Plus it was blowing 15-25 on Wed. Almost did a Mary Poppins a couple of times.

We did the upper part from the inside. Works just as good. Be careful to leave the door open. Mr Shrink's torch uses up the oxygen quickly, though it gets nice and toasty inside, must sleep.....must slee.....{('
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Not in time

Post by Legacy »

You can blame the bad weather on me. Every time I opt to leave the boat in the water to take advantage of a longer season it's horrible and icy for the winter. When I haul out it's dry and mild all winter. My marina didn't shrinkwrap my boat yet so I need to shovel out a foot of snow today in advance of the noreaster and then I'll shovel her out again after the Jet's get a whoopin. Next year I'll haul her out so you can all have a mild winter!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Hey Rick -
You can add me to the blame for the weather. Last year I hauled the 1st week of November. Reports of Blue Fin tuna close in started the day after I pulled. This year I decided to wait until the last possible minute - no tuna and the weather s#cKs.

The silver lining is that the yard hauled and put me inside before the storm! No shoveling for me.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Albin Maintenance”