• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new boat member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
dmonteiro
Deckhand
Deckhand

new boat member

Post by dmonteiro »

Greetings from CT. I was checking the posts on this forum while looking for an Albin and it certainly helped my wife & I make a decision. We purchased a 1978 36' Albin (trunk cabin) on 9/13/07 and brought her back from Long Island to Mystic CT on that date. I joined the forum shortly thereafter but this is my first post. I want to thank all the members for the wealth of information I've gathered. My wife and I are thrilled with our purchase and can't wait for next spring so we can begin spending more time on our "home away from home." We have renamed her "Odyssea" and look forward to our seagoing adventures!! DMonteiro
1978 Albin 36
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome aboard! The 36 is a great boat. Post some pics of your travels.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Butsh17

Post by Butsh17 »

Congrats D from Virginia. I too am new member, looking to buy an Albin 28. I am on the backside from you. My first boat in 1995 was a used 36' trawler also (seriously was looking for an Albin 36 then in the Chesapeake, but the few available were either above my budget or were 'too much of a project' for me). Went from my 36 to a 39 then a 43'. Now looking to truly downsize for a boat to anchor-out in on weekends, but with the potential to take north off-shore in the summer, or south out of the ICW for the winter. Albin's are fantastic. Good decision and 'fair winds and calm seas'! Gary

Return to “New Member Introductions”