• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Antisiphon Valve or Locking Cap

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

TD
First Mate
First Mate

Fuel Antisiphon Valve or Locking Cap

Post by TD »

I have a Albin 35TE with twin 6B Cummins. Does anyone know if Albin installs antisiphon valves that will prevent siphoning of fuel? I guess the best thing would be to install locking fuel caps to prevent tampering, but I haven't found one to fit the existing fill ports. Also I didn't really want to go through the work of replacing both fill necks with locking caps. I appreciate any solutions anyone else has used to prevent fuel theft.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Have people reached the point of stealing fuel? I've not heard of it yet here (New England) but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Would an anti-siphon device restrict fuel filling? I know a few people have problems with venting that prevent fueling at speed.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

I have never heard of anyone stealing fuel either, so maybe I am being over cautious of what might be coming down the road. I do leave my boat unattended at a remote location for short periods of time.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

With over 300 gals of diesel onboard and fuel approaching if not exceeding $3.50/gal you may be thinking wisely.

I did a quick search on Defender and do not see a locking deck plate.

Happy Holidays,
Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Albin Maintenance”