• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel vent spills

LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Fuel vent spills

Post by LarryOwen »

Both my 1995 and my 2002 Albin 28 TE spit fuel from the tank vents when refueling. Very annoying and potentially hazardous. This past season I had my yard pull up the deck of the '02 and relocate the vent lines at the tank to move them away from the fill line and also to eliminate a low point in the vent lines where fuel accumulated. Result: no more spills. I hope that the factory has figured this one out by now.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

owenlaw,
Welcome to the board. That's a problem that has started a few discussions around here. Did that also solve the "slow-fill" that plagues many of us?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Post by LarryOwen »

John,
Refueling is considerably faster since I no longer experience fuel "burping" out of the fill pipe. I'm still leery of using a high-speed system at full speed, so haven't tried it.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
dougstinchcum

Fuel vent spills

Post by dougstinchcum »

I had a similar problem. The fuel line would "burp" when I stopped fueling-- air pressure built up in the tank. The boat yard pulled the deck and repositioned the air lines. They were pinched between the tank and the deck. I still use a "diaper" around the fuel port just to be safe.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”