• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

No New Posts

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No New Posts

Post by RicM »

No new posts for almost 24 hours? Is it end of season depression time? How about season fuel usage reports, isn't that coming up?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

It was a very nice weekend. We got out yesterday for a cruise. The 90 degree days are gone. This weekend was in the low 70s. 10-15 knot wind out of the north. Played rescue boat. A friend of mine lost power and was on the rocks at Maxwell Point. We had to jump in and pull his boat out to deep enough water to tow him home. That water is getting chilly.
Winter boat depression is not until Dec. I still have a month or so.
Starting the winter todo list. Ordered a new Lowrance GPS/Sonar from Defender.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

In my case, winter depression is setting in. Boat is being pulled in two weeks. :( Very windy and cold at the boat this weekend, not worth going out. We are toying with the idea of moving up in size for next year. But it's hard to think of moving up when the boat we have now looks and runs so great. The additional size would be good though. The March boat show in Maine will be important to our decision. We will try to get out at least one more time before we pull the plug this season.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Still Hope

Post by RicM »

I actually got out for a pretty nice day here in RI on Sat. Temps in the high 60's and bluefish busting everywhere. Right outside the Wickford breakwater on Sat there were acres of birds working over blues. The days are so short though that Karen can not get out after work even when it is warm. That limits us to her days off, Friday and Sunday. Probably leave it in 2 more weeks. This has been a banner year for us though, over 220 hours on the motor, first tuna, first week long expedition etc.

Then I start to think about going south. I almost have Miss K talked into a 35 CB in FL as an alternative to a condo somewhere in the south. I see them in yachtworld for $175K and try to imagine what kind of housing you could get for that in the Keys? If we can spend a week on a 28TE, we could survive 3 months off and on on a 35 CB......
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Hauling Today

Post by Pitou »

Hauling for the season this afternoon. :cry:

Got the last ride in on Saturday. 58 degrees for a high this weekend and 36 degrees this AM. Time to fire up the woodstove. But let me tell you, with the Alaskan bulkhead it was pretty toasty inside PITOU, what north wind? Those center console guys looked cold.

Oil & all filters changed at the dock and most all gear off. Sure did raise the waterline / a little anyway. Will winterize the motor and genset today and the other systems on Wednesday. It looks like Thursday will be in the 70's / a good day to compound that blue hull and give her a coat of wax!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

We're hunkering down for the winter. Added the winter stores, Kaluia, Mudslides, Coffee, Oatmeal and sleeping bag. Seems like I'll be spending more time than usual. I'm opening a new retail store in Deltaville, so instead of working 3 days a week there, I'll be working 5 days a week. Looks like the Albin 28 is really going to be a home away from home. Heck, I might just be one of the first "liveaboard" Albin 28's.

If you guys get down, or up my way, please look for us. The store is opening in November and is called Easy Livin'.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

After a couple of days of rain last week (first rain of the season for us) the weekend turned out real nice. The wife and I spent the weekend on the boat. We had tickets to see "The Color Purple" in San Francisco. So we motored over to South Beach Harbor and spent the night there. Taxied ourselves around the city. Cruised around the bay on Sunday and took lots of pictures. I will post some of them in a couple of days.

Here is a picture of "Antoinette" on patrol for fleet week:

Paul

[/img]
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Live Aboard 28TE

Post by RicM »

What kind of retail store?
When I was looking to buy a 28TE one that I looked at in Fall River MA was a liveaboard. The guy was a lineman (like power lines)and all winter he was off on assignments and only home (at the marina) a few days in between. It was pretty bleak.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chiefrcd »

Retail outdoor furnishings and accessories. More than a patio store, less than an all out furniture store. We're hoping to carry several lines of good quality outdoor furniture (poly-wood, wicker, wood), cast aluminum out door fireplaces, umbrellas, rugs, hammocks and possibly lighting as well. The plan is to do a soft opening in November and then work on getting all the kinks out and decorated before next season. Big leap for a old retired guy but I figured if I ever was going to do it...now is the time....wish me luck!!!
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

chiefrcd wrote:We're hunkering down for the winter. Added the winter stores, Kaluia, Mudslides, Coffee, Oatmeal and sleeping bag. Seems like I'll be spending more time than usual. I'm opening a new retail store in Deltaville, so instead of working 3 days a week there, I'll be working 5 days a week. Looks like the Albin 28 is really going to be a home away from home. Heck, I might just be one of the first "liveaboard" Albin 28's.

If you guys get down, or up my way, please look for us. The store is opening in November and is called Easy Livin'.
Last summer I met a guy who lived aboard his 28 TE at Elliot Bay Marina in Seattle. He had a house in San Diego along with a wife that hated rain, but a business in Seattle. So, he spent something like 3-4 nights a week on the boat, and went home to San Diego for the weekends. So, I guess you wouldn't be the first.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chiefrcd »

Wow, his situation sounds like mine however, probably going to spend 4 nights a week with an occasional 5th night and then run home for the weekend.....sure going to get a lot of "boattime" in.... 8) just wish it was with a feeshn' line.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

chiefrcd wrote:Retail outdoor furnishings and accessories. More than a patio store, less than an all out furniture store. We're hoping to carry several lines of good quality outdoor furniture (poly-wood, wicker, wood), cast aluminum out door fireplaces, umbrellas, rugs, hammocks and possibly lighting as well. The plan is to do a soft opening in November and then work on getting all the kinks out and decorated before next season. Big leap for a old retired guy but I figured if I ever was going to do it...now is the time....wish me luck!!!
Chief,
That is great! Congratulations. Of course, Sharon told me to let you know she has alot of wrought iron furniture for sale if your interested.

Good luck with the store!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”