• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2005 26TE

Jon Palladino

2005 26TE

Post by Jon Palladino »

I am interested in buying a 2005 26TE. Does anyone have any information or comments.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Jon,
First let me welcome you to the board. I'm sure you will find good information here. As far as the 26 TE I do not have any first hand experience. I own the 28. I think there are one or two 26 TE owners here.
My guess is the two are probably very close in systems, etc. Having said that I hope I'm not too far off base.
As far as comments go. Go for it! If you sea trial the boat and it seems to meet your needs you can't go wrong.
Give us some information.
How many in your family?
Are you purchasing for mainly cruising or fishing?
Combination of both?
What engine is in the one your are looking at?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Jon Palladino

Post by Jon Palladino »

John, Thanks for the warm welcome and reply. I am starting to get cold feet. There is very little information about these boats. The boat does meet all my needs for fishing and cruising. The one big concern is the dealer is 400 miles away. This makes a sea trial a week end trip. The other issue is the boat is a 2005 model being sold as new. Why hasn't it sold??? My last boat I bought as a demo, but was only one model year old. This was a big savings just like the Albin I am interested in. Any advice??? Please reply.

Thanks,

Jon
P.S.
I have a wife and 2 young boys.
The engine is a 210 HP Volvo Diesel.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The 26' TE is, I believe, an I/O configuration, so it's systems are probably acutally quite different from the 28'. Just from looking at the pictures, the 28' seems like a whole lot more boat.

My suspicion is that the 26' has just not been a very popular boat. This is probably why the 2005 model you're looking at hasn't sold. The fact that it's not wildly popular shouldn't deter you. It's just that there are so many other, similar boats in that size range available. Due to the fact that most utilize gasoline outboards for powerplands, most are less expensive, and thus, appeal to a wider audience. Being popular doesn't make them better. What you should consider is how it meets your needs, and what you think of the quality vs. value. However, if resale is high on your list of concerns, you will probably want to take it's relatively weak popularity into consideration. But at the same time, factor in the savings you expect to gain from the diesel powerplant in terms of fuel efficiency and maintenance.

If you like the boat, don't let it's small market share deter you.

As for the lack of information available; this is a brand new model, so there are very few current or prior owners to share their experiences. However, the boat is essentially a scaled down version of the company's very popular 28' TE, so you can probably transpose some of that input onto the 26'.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thanks Mariner for jumping in here. I had totally forgotten that the 26 is an i/o.
That said, I can tell you that I was an i/o owner for 20+ years. Now that I have a inboard I'll never go back.

Where do you boat? We may have a member in your area that can offer a ride on the 28.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

price

Post by RicM »

How much are they asking for it? I bought a nice 3 season old 28TE for $115,000 and it's a great fish/family boat. Easy for one person to handle, plenty of space for 4 people to fish. What is it you get in the 26 you DON'T get in the 28?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Jon Palladino

Post by Jon Palladino »

Everyone , Thanks for all the replies. You all have valid points of consideration. The boat is question is almost half the price of Ric M's 28 Albin. I know it is a good deal, I just want some reinsurance from another 26 TE owner.

Thanks again,
Jon

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”