• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

toilet plumbing 2005 Albin 36 ET

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

lauren
Mate
Mate
Home Port: craig, alaska

toilet plumbing 2005 Albin 36 ET

Post by lauren »

Boat has never been pumped out at sea. Previous owners east coast and Washington where pump outs at every gas dock. I have the boat in Alaska and 700 miles to a pump station. I cannot find a flipper to allow for dumping at sea.

Did the vessel come with a through hull fitting and a flipper to open and close? If so where is it?

There are lots of systems installed post original purchase and getting pretty crowded for a big guy to crawl around, but I have looked everywhere I can and certainly no readily accessible flipper. Lauren
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: toilet plumbing 2005 Albin 36 ET

Post by marko »

The overboard discharge thru hull on mine is under the floor hatch as you come thru the cabin door. It's to the starboard side close to the starboard fuel tank hose. It is hard to get to. The holding tank is also right there, centered. I have some strange maze of plumbing valves and interconnections from the holding tank, which are on the aft bulkhead and which after some study, I was able to determine was all set for the deck level pump out and have locked and left it that way as it works fine. Here in NC we're required to keep a pump out log on board for inspection should that occur.
lauren
Mate
Mate

Post by lauren »

Thanks Mark, I will look again. Do you have the 36, It would appear so from your photo? Maybe I have confused it with something else. There is a very large hose from the bottom of that fuel tank heading across the boat but i don't recall anything else like a thru hull fitting but will wedge myself back in there today. I don't need a pump out log, but coast guard will expect that valve to be off when they board as can only pump out in certain areas not including places like the harbor....lauren
lauren
Mate
Mate

Post by lauren »

Marko...or anyone else that knows about the discharge for the toilet on a 36 albin. I have crawled everywhere I can. there is no thru hull fitting anywhere for outbound toilet discharge that I can find and certainly not under the floor hatch on either side near fuel tanks. the exit from the toilet seems to head in that direction. I am unclear on where the holding tank is. between the fuel tanks is a large blue plastic tank, but it is large and seems to be the freshwater tank. Is the holding tank under the front bed? there is a pump station under the floor at the bottom of the stairs but that looks like it might be fore the shower? Is it possible that in 2005 they would not have put a thru hull fitting for toilet discharge?
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

Macerator and overboard discharge were options, so it is possible you don't have one, especially if it is the standard manual head. Sanitation hoses are all white, if that helps.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Lauren - what kind of head do you have? If it's a Vacu-Flush you should be able to hear the vacuum pump kick on when you flush it. The pump is normally right next to the holding tank. You should also be able to trace the deck pumpout fitting back to the tank.

The tank SHOULD be somewhere that you can get to with relative ease.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

Lauren:
Yes, I do have a 2001 36ET and the overboard discharge thru hull is right next to the starboard side large black hose from the starboard saddle tank. The discharge has a white hose to it. The holding tank is opaque synthetic (plastic?) and the fresh water tank is aluminum. Both tanks are under the cabin sole on center.
Mark

Return to “Albin Maintenance”