• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

forward bilge pump on Albin 28 TE

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

del-ray
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Delray Beach, FL

forward bilge pump on Albin 28 TE

Post by del-ray »

Suggestions on mounting a bilge pump under cabin floor.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: forward bilge pump on Albin 28 TE

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I drilled very shallow holes into the bottom of the boat and mounted a rule 900 low profile pump into the space. I prob only drilled 3/16 into the solid glass portion right at the keel. still sealed the heck out of it to be safe. probably should have bonded a strip of wood with 5200 and screwed to that. My boat had an existing pump there that was not attached to anything, so I didn't have to run a new hose.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Do this: cut and glass a piece of plywood to fit the hull shape at the battery shelf. Use 4200 and seal it in place. This will stop all water from flowing forward of the battery shelf. Use a low profile bilge pump at the now sealed in bulk head as this will be your low point. Wire it to run on auto and your bilge will always be dry. No need for any bilge water in the cabin.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Does the shower drain into your bilge into a sump pump or drains straight out overboard? It maybe possible to tap into the shower drain hose and pump out overboard that way. On my 98- 28TE I have both a sump pump for the shower and a forward bilge pump. Both pumps came with the boat new. The bilge pump is located forward of the sump pump and has its own discharge hose. If I ever have the displeasure of taking on a massive amount of water, I would want as many bilge pumps on hand to perform. Based on design, my 28 has a tendency to collect water forward. However, once underway the water flows aft and I turn on the aft pumps. We are not talking a lot of water. The biggest problem is water gets into the bilge via the rod holders. I use the rubber caps that are used on the bottom of canes to plug up the rod holders while I am not underway.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

As someone who has collected uncomfortable amounts of water in an Albin. There is no such thing as too many or too powerful bilge pumps, but u gotta maintain them and their hoses!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Agreed on the pumps. I have one under the cabin floor but block the water from going forward. If I ever needed it, it's there.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”