• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

VDO Temperature Gage

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

VDO Temperature Gage

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

My temperature gage, a VDO model, has been acting erratic and I am trying to find out the part number so that I can purchase one. The only info I could find on the gage was as follows: Temp Gage 028A, 12 volt 97/39. FYI, I have a 6BT5A Cummins engine and instrument panel. If anyone knows the part number of this gage or where I may purchase one please let me know.
Thanks,
Ray
1998 Albin TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: VDO Temperature Gage

Post by DougSea »

Don't know the part number but you can try contacting VDO. I tried searching with the specs you provided but didn't have any luck. Can you post a picture?

In the meantime, here's a link to their on-line marine products catalog.

Hope that helps!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

Re: VDO Temperature Gauge

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Just want to give you an update on my search for a replacement for my VDO engine tempetature gauge. Cummins sells a replacement gauge made by Beede. The Cummins part number is 5289713. It appears to be the same size as the old gauge and has the same scale. There are four blade connections in the rear of the gauge. I'm unsure if it will work with the existing sender. The gauge cost $181.00 if purchased from Cummins. I'm going to hold off on making a purchase until I'm more confident it will work. They have a "no return" policy on this item. FYI, my instrument panel is a Cummins part number 3925824'
Ray
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Here is a link to the VDO gauge carried by Seaboard Marine who supplies Cummins parts: http://www.sbmar.com/product/vdo-coolan ... e-0-250-f/
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

4 connectors should equal this. 1 for ground, 1 for light, 1 for power off ignition, 1 for actual temp coming from engine (variable resistance to ground).
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

I used the VDO gauge pt.# 310-105, lots of online stores sell it for around $35.00. Tom

Return to “Albin Maintenance”