• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27 sport repower with 210 Cummins

Albin's "power cruisers"
idr
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Honolulu

27 sport repower with 210 Cummins

Post by idr »

Aloha from Hawaii. Im wondering if anybody has repowered a 27 sport cruiser with a 210 Cummins? If so I'd like to know of any problems, or modifications you ran into or had to make. I'm getting ready to repower next week. Boats coming out of the water on Tuesday. I would like to be ready for all problems that may arise
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: 27 sport repower with 210 Cummins

Post by Beta Don »

If you're getting the engine out of a bigger boat, odds are pretty good that it came with a 2:1 or maybe even a 2.5:1 transmission and that may not work too well in an A27. You won't have room for much more than an 18" prop and a 2 or 2.5 transmission is better suited to a 22 or 24" prop

The 6BT5.9M has plenty of power to move the boat at a good speed, but you might need a direct drive or a 1.5:1 marine gear to get that much power coupled to the water

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Re: 27 sport repower with 210 Cummins

Post by rnummi »

Woohoo, water skiing on an A27! I'm in.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”