• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello Everyone!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

chiefchicken67

Hello Everyone!

Post by chiefchicken67 »

I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. My wife and I previously owned a 34 Hatteras, and decided to downsize. We ended up with our current boat, a Shamrock 260 Express. Having owned the Shamrock for 2 seasons now, we have begun to look for something with a little more comfort, while still keeping with the single inboard design. I spotted an Albin 28 TE out at Block Island several weeks ago, and I knew that was the boat for us.

We have already been to a dealer in Rhode Island to look at the Albins first hand. What a beautiful boat, although I probably don't have to remind anyone on this board of that fact! Our Shamrock is going up for sale next week, and the process of finding a used Albin is already in the works.

Thanks to everyone for sharing and participating on this wonderful site. I have only scratched the surface of the archives and have learned a great deal about the Albins.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences during my search and purchase of an Albin.
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Welcome to the board and you are right on the mark. This board, started by John Collins, is a great place to interact with other Albin owners. I have met a few of our members and spoken to several others, all great people. Enjoy the site and good luck in your search for your Albin. It took me about four months of every night on the internet to find mine and I love my boat. :D Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by RicM »

There are lot's of 28TE owners in the RI CT area (I am in Wickford RI). I see a lot of 28TEs in my travels in Narragansett Bay-Block Island Sound. We love ours and I'm sure you will enjoy owning an Albin.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the board. You can start looking around here for a boat. There are a few in the for sale section. Although this board is brand specific, you are more than welcome to post your Shamrock for sale.
You will find a ton of good information around here. Use the search function or simply post a question.

Thanks for joining
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Welcome to the board and I think you will love an Albin 28 TE. I too had a Shamrock before the Albin and still think they are great boats. But the Albin is definitely a step up. My Shamrock was a 22 footer so the step up to the Albin was very notable with the smoother ride and additional room below. Although you are probably adept at backing an inboard into a slip, you will find the bow thruster a handy feature. You can also list your boat for sale on the Shamrock owners web site although I have my doubts about listing a boat on owners web sites. Nearly all the members already own one. But the price is right.
http://www.fishtheclassic.net/home.php
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
chiefchicken67

Post by chiefchicken67 »

Thanks for the warm welcome. My wife and I have been enjoying our search for a new Albin. As I mentioned, the Shamrock has to go first. I haven't even begun advertising yet, so hopefully once I get it listed, things will move quickly.

Russell, I too had my doubts about finding a particular boat on an owners website. It was my wife who actually found our current boat on the Shamrock owners website you mentioned. It was a little funny to read through all the posts by the owner wondering why it hadn't sold. He hadn't listed it anywhere else, just on the Shamrock site. As you mentioned, most everyone there already owned a Shamrock. We ended up getting a great deal on a great boat, but it is time to step up to the Albin now!

I will be sure to advertise it everywhere I can. I'll keep everyone posted as to our progress.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Note that there is a member here who is looking to downsize from his Albin, and while the Shamrock isn't one of the boats he mentioned, it is in the right size range. I think it is interesting as it highlights that while some are downsizing, others are up-sizing and it makes sense to advertise your boat anywhere you can think of, as well as to search far and wide for a boat you are considering buying.

Return to “General Discussion”