• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lehman 135 lift pump replacement?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Lehman 135 lift pump replacement?

Post by mike66 »

I'm looking for some advice from ones who have had experience changing out their lift pump on the 135. I have the oil cooler and water heat exchangers off and now can get at the lift pump a little easier. I have a new spare on board. Don't know how old the one on the engine is. Should I change it over to the new, or is the failure rate low enough that if it ain't broke...... Also, I've read that a tappet wrench is needed to get to the mounting nuts. True?
Thanks for any insights you might share.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lehman 135 lift pump replacement?

Post by mike66 »

Went ahead and replaced it. The new one was just sitting there unused for the last 5 years. Not a bad job, to bad my gen set is on same side. But where's the fun if we could do boat work standing up? Bring on the Twister kids, I'm ready.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I think that was a wise choice and now the old pump can be your spare. :D
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike66 »

True. This "while I'm in there" has taken over my life the past few days. Started with checking my heat exchanger zinc. Removed the end cap to check for pieces. Saw a lot of stuff, so off it comes for a good cleaning. Now it's easy to reach the oil cooler, so off it comes, swap for new. Now the lift pump is accessible, so swap that out. Today the transmission cooler, again swap out for new. And of course new hoses and clamps everywhere. Think I'll leave the exhaust elbow alone.
Then, on to the Westerbeke.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI

Return to “Albin Maintenance”