• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 FC BECKSON ports & screens

Albin's "power cruisers"
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Re: Albin 27 FC BECKSON ports & screens

Post by sail149 »

Re barrel bolts installation comments
I was just using some tee nuts , just like barrel bolts, in reverse to thru bolt some deck fittings that cannot be accessed later from behind( the sea hood on a J22) .
I has trouble with the SS machine screws binding up in the tee nuts. It took a while but I figured out it was caused by slight miss alignment. I had hand drilled the top of the deck to the dia of the mc screw and the bottom to the barrel of the tee nut. But the 2 were not inline so as I tightened the screw it was not inline with threads in the barrel so got tighter and tighter as I went on.
The solution was to drill the barrel dia all the way thru so the screw could self align with the barrel threads.
This also left a space for some sealant too. (I did not want to oversize the tee nut barrel hole).
We live and learn. Will apply to the ports when I get them done.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

Hey Warren... Yep. Did the same thing. I actually almost really screwed the pooch when I "assumed" the holes for each port were in the exact same location. On my second port when I said to myself "that doesn't look right". The holes are custom drilled at the factory so if you are through bolting each port needs to be identified as to which opening it came from. Someone needs to hold the new and or repaired trim ring on the outside and you drill inside to out. My second mistake was assuming I needed to drill all the holes for through bolting instead of alternates. Ahh well. I now have tiger tank port lights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Sharp. That's where I'm going. I love the over built look.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”