• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel monitoring systems

Mntry_Goodson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Monterey, CA

Re: Fuel monitoring systems

Post by Mntry_Goodson »

Cruising around the Mexican Baja on the Pacific side there are only a few fuel stops; one stretch is over 300 KM. So I purchased an ATL fuel bladder designed to carry 75 gallons of fuel to add to the 132 gallons of on board capacity. Cruising at 8 knots / 2200 rpm, the 300 hp Yanmar produced consistent mileage of 2.2 KM/gal which made the long passage with around 50 gal to spare. The bladder rode forward of the cabin and was held down with U-Bolts permanently mounted through the deck above the anchor rode compartments. Two more straps hooked to the bottom of the handrail posts port and starboard creating a cross strap. When needed, fuel gravity flowed through a 0.5 inch piece of fuel line back to the fuel port. The fuel added 500 pounds to the bow, but handling was fine in average seas. We emptied the bladder out as soon as there was room in the fuel tank however.
Darryl
"Terry Lee II"
1999 28TE 6LP
Engine box / Trailer
Monterey, CA

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”